Nausea From Raptor Ride

Avariz.8241

Motion Sickness from GW2 Path of Fire is a first for me. I have been playing the GW series for over 7 years. This is the first time I 'd experienced motion sickness from the fast semi uncontrolled spinning and turning of the Raptor. Could this be a design handicap in purpose. If not could Anet solved the unwanted side effects? Would welcome contributions from those who are experiencing the same problem. I don't get motion sickness in rl.

I don't get this effect from raptor riding, but I have gotten it from some other games, notably the ones which are in first person or the view is close to the character. How close are you zoomed in while riding? If close, backing off a bit might help.

Also, there was a thread on the old forum, with some dev response. I did not read most of it, but there might be something of value in it.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Major-Concern-Mounts-and-motion-sickness

Good luck.

Yeah, I get it too. Not too bad, and I logged off before it could get worse, but a twinge of nausea was definitely there. Don't know about anyone else, but for me it's definitely worse when it's night in the game, just as jumping puzzles in dark environments are much more likely to trigger it (camera issues in cramped environments aside, that still remains the biggest issue).

I'm not looking forward to that bunny mount, not just because its bug-eyes weird me out, but also because the hopping movement will likely make it the #1 motion sickness trigger amount the four.

Archived