Black screen and Login server disconnects

I started playing again about 3 weeks ago. Since then I've been experiencing a crash in which my entire screen goes black. I can hear music but can't bring up any menus. The only way to close GW2 is ALT+F4 or process manager. I do not receive any type of error code.

Now since this last update I am constantly getting disconnects from the log in server in which all my contacts will show going offline. Sometimes they come back and sometimes they don't. I sometimes see Error 42:0:9001:3858:101 pop-up then moments later i get Error 7:11:3:189:101. This is completely random as to when it happens. It occurs even more so in SAB.

I get them on both my laptop and my PC. Both use Nvidia. Are there any known issues in regards to the black screen with Nvidia? GW2 is the only game I have these problems with. I've cleared all temp data files and tried repair.

I've updated all my drivers and installed all my windows updates. I don't use any 3rd party software but run Bitdefender with all exceptions on firewall. My router is updated and has no problems. I am connecting to Seattle servers. Any suggestions?

I've read about the black screen issues before, and something that seemed to be the cause for many was related to their router settings, believe it or not. One thing you may be able to test is to connect internet directly to your pc, bypassing your router temporarily.This may or may not be the issue for you, but you could google: Black screen router guild wars 2

Archived