Graphic card hiccup with Path of Fire?

I have an odd issue that I'm hoping has some sort of answer. Something in my computer doesn't agree with what ArenaNet has for Path of Fire maps. I thought it was just Guild Wars in general and have been trying to fix this problem myself, but I have absolutely no problems whatsoever playing the Super Adventure Box content. I went to Domain of Istan at one point to take a break and do the meta and my pc will disconnectted my devices. My processor is still running but I stop receiving signals to my keyboard, mouse, microphone, camera and monitor and it happens every time I do something in Path of Fire content, including Windswept Haven for the Guild Hall. I only experience this problem with Guild Wars 2 specifically and only with Path of Fire content. If anyone has any helpful solutions on how to make this stop, I'd appreciate them being thrown at me. I've tried reinstalling Windows twice, tried switching SSDs, played with numerous graphic options and power flow switches, reinstalls of my graphic drivers themselves and I'm out of ideas. The only way to get a signal back to my devices is to completely turn the pc off, then back on.

My rig: Windows 10 64-bit, nVidia Geforce 980, 16g ram, i7 processor

@Myanko.1547 said:

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:Have you tried a -repair of the client? (Instructions found in the Knowledge Base accessed via the 'Support' link.)

I did try and I can't get it to work how it says it should, I use the 64-bit client and it says it's an invalid path when I try to make the repair shortcut.

Regarding the repair shortcut, be sure to place a space between the closing " and the -repair in the target location path for the command line parameter to be valid.

@Myanko.1547 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Have you tried a -repair of the client? (Instructions found in the Knowledge Base accessed via the 'Support' link.)

I did try and I can't get it to work how it says it should, I use the 64-bit client and it says it's an invalid path when I try to make the repair shortcut.

You may be omitting the space, or dash, or something. If you post your command line argument, someone can help.

@StinVec.3621 said:

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:Have you tried a -repair of the client? (Instructions found in the Knowledge Base accessed via the 'Support' link.)

Regarding the repair shortcut, be sure to place a space between the closing " and the -repair in the target location path for the command line parameter to be valid.

That was entirely the problem, thanks. It didn't redownload any new files so I'm uncertain if it did anything. I'm going to leave this open for now and I'll post if it does it again. It might not be until tomorrow, though, 'cause it's really entirely random on when it happens. If anyone else has any other ideas, please leave them here. Appreciate it, community.

Archived