Full Counter vs Eviscerate. [PvE]

onemillionLIs.3184

Hey, I'm kinda new to spell breaker and had a quick question. Most people say to use Fullcounter in your rotation if you are able to reliably proc it and Eviscerate if you are not...

But, I was wondering... Why? Eviscerate has a 28% higher base damage coefficient? The only reason I can possibly think of is because the Daze on FC procs a stack of Attacker's Insight... Either that or just to look slick af/avoid the casting animation of Eviscerate?

The reason eviscerate is a DPS loss with spellbreaker is due to the level 1 damage, and the fact that the cast/aftercast is large.

That being said, the DPS gain that you get by using full counter instead of eviscerate is pretty small, and you have to hit the full counter right at the beginning of the cast.

Check out this reddit post from Moorbazan. You only gain around 700dps in absolute best cast scenarios by using the FC rotation instead of the double mace F1 rotation. In real raid scenarios, the double mace F1 rotation is what you should aim for.https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/7yxec0/es_updated_spellbreaker_benchmarks_and_full/

Archived