New DE Unique Buff idea

Almondjoy.8964

Malicious Intent: While wielding a rifle At max malice Gain 2% damage on marked target for each stack of malice for 3 seconds. *1% for each stack in PvP and WvW

Based off everthing I've heard about the changes and comparing them to the devs goals I think this could be a good compromise.1.Because you have to earn it by getting max malice which is now an active thing we do now. You don't get the damage till max but it is higher (PvE) percent damage than previously at 21%-24 or 15%-20%(with Iron sight added in). It encourages you to use it and soon adding more interactivity between player and malice

A lot of PvE players are experiencing a drop in DPS due to the roll being added and I think this kind smooths it out without giving up on what the devs sought to change in the first place which was to make the DE more interactive.

2. For PvP I think DJ is a good place and buff like this doesn't need to be overkill which is why its only 1%.

3. I do think it could be a trait or opened up to other weapon sets but I can't go into the complexities of balancing each weapon set. Giving this to D/D wouldnt be good for the game I don't think.

Those are just my thoughts on how to make the DE better in PvE without disrupting things in PvP. It also adds a layer of complexity which is space and timing, which is something that is already built into the class with kneel and is just simply further imphasized with that buff or trait.

Lemme know y'alls thoughts.

Archived