Two Factor Authentication?

I see you've made changes to how two factor authentication works. It's gone from being mildly annoying and somewhat stupid to being incredibly annoying and absurdly stupid.

It used to be that every nth login, I've forgotten the number but I think it was about 6, the game would block the "Play" button from working and ask me to sign up for two factor authentication. That's the mildly annoying part. The somewhat stupid part was that you implemented two factor authentication as far as requesting my phone number, and then you stopped. So, for years, literally years, you would bug me incessantly about signing up for two factor authentication, and then refuse to let me sign up by not sending me a code via text message.

But recently you've started to pester me to sign up for two factor authentication every other login attempt. And I still can't sign up for it. In fact, it's even more stupid now than it was. Now, if I click the button to sign up, the game just unobscured the "Play" button so I can play, and I don't even have to go through the motions of submitting my phone number.

If you really think two factor authentication is a good idea, then really should enable it so that people can sign up. If we can't sign up, THEN STOP ASKING US ALL THE TIME. That's just stupid.

You can use WinAuth or another 2FA program, instead of SMS. You can't use SMS with phone numbers from Google, Skype, etc. You can use land-line phones, if you prefer.

You can read more about 2F Authentication in the Knowledge Base accessed via the 'Support' link above/below (Search - Two Factor Authentication), or contact the CS Team via the same link, and 'Submit a Ticket' for assistance.

Good luck.

Archived