Website Store Page Broken

I heard about the 50% off sale on the Guild Wars 2 expansions a few days ago and went to check it out to see if I was interested, but the pages for buying either expansion are broken. They show up as a vertical line of text without any loaded images. If I had to guess this has something to do with the pages' style sheets being broken or not loading. The images also don't load if I tell my web-browser to refresh them, but I can get them if I tell my browser to view the image and then back out to the store page again. I don't know whether this is related to the style sheets not loading. If it helps I am using Firefox on 64bit Windows 10.

Zlinx, I just tried adding the Deluxe PoF version to my shopping cart and it worked just fine. All images on every page up to and including the shopping cart page loaded fine. (I already have PoF fully, so I emptied my cart and didn't proceed any further.)

Did you try deleting your browser's cookies and/or try a different browser - i.e. - latest version of Chrome?(This might help.)

Good luck!

The problem still exists on Firefox, but thanks to Inculpatus cedo's comment I tried disabling tracking protection on Firefox and that causes the site to display correctly. I would still say that it is an error with the site though since that tracking protection is part of Firefox and not from any installed extension.

Firefox and the Guild Wars webstore page have a difficult relation. This has been the case since at least the pre-order period of HoT. I think that the extra protection Firefox tries to incorporate into the browser is a problem for ArenaNet's shop pages. Every time Firefox adds another security measure ArenaNet has to adopt their webshop. This doesn't seem to be an exclusive ArenaNet problem, some other webshops have the same issue. I expect they all use similar webshop software that isn't really consumer security friendly.

I'm having the same problem as the OP.A friend tried to convinced me to get back in the game by telling me about the sale on the expansions. Since I won't be turning off any of the security features in firefox, ArenaNet has until the 27th to fix the problem. I wont hold my breath.

This problem happened for me as well, on Firefox 60.0.2 64bit, Win7. I missed the sale in part bc the page just... too broken to interact with.edit to add: By the way it's still happening as of me making this post. I thought it was related to the connection errors people were talking about in the tags on social media sites but i guess it's a separate issue after all.edit 2: updating firefox to latest version, 61.0, changed nothing.

in case it's helpful: going to "buy.guildwars2.com" redirects me to https://buy.guildwars2.com/store/gw2/en_IE/html/pbPage.pathoffire/themeID.4785548100which displays like this:https://imgur.com/a/fg4Mt1P (link to a screenshot)and it looks exactly the same whether i have ublock origin turned on or off. (screenshot was taken with the blocker off, after a page reload and a cache clear to make sure.)if there's any other logs i can add, i'd be glad to- i just dunno where to grab them from.(also, apologies if there's a better way to include a screenshot?)

No, but every other store I've ever used online has not had an issue like this, even without changing any settings on my end. I feel like, if a website requires tracking protection to be turned off, there's something wrong with the website, particularly when every other site loads correctly.

i looked at the Web Developer Tools in firefox, and checked out the log, and it indeed seems that Tracking Protection is blocking those resources. Why, i don't know. is there something fishy about digitalriver? is firefox over-reacting? i genuinely haven't a clue.if i could figure out how to manually disable tracking just for buy.guildwars2.com, then i might be able to use the site again. although, i've missed the sale, so it's too late to buy PoF for me until next time it's at least 50% off. bummer.by the way, the error message in the page-load logs is this:

The resource at “https://drh.img.digitalriver.com/DRHM/Storefront/Site/gw2/cm/images/pathoffire/feature-video-container-spec-on.png” was blocked because tracking protection is enabled.[Learn More] themeID.4785548100

and there's quite a few very similar errors, all ending in "because tracking protection is enabled."so that cements + confirms that theory.

edit: so i tried opening a new private browser window to do this, and went to buy.guildwars2.com, and it looked like unusable black-background screenshot above, until i clicked the shield icon and disabled tracking protection for that session. it immediately loaded the store page correctly.... now that i know what the problem was, i'm kinda bummed i didn't try that before.

Archived