Why is mesmer beyond broken in pvp? Don't repeat the bunker mesmer balance mistake!!!

The Ace.9105

Like seriously, highest mobility, and burst both in damage and in condi. Also like kitten 80% invuln uptime in combat. Get your kittening kitten together and please start doing something for pvp balance.

The low amount of population is due to poor decisions in pvp development in general when hot launched with guild ladder that had guilds vs some random teams or soloq players and season that had nothing to do with ranking and was just a UI for the already existing pvp system. This all mixed with super kittens kittening kitten balance and the pvp scene was dead.

Oh and the core of that poor balance was hmm... bunker !!! MESMER !!!

Don't repeat your kitten mistakes!

If at least the balance would've been good the scene would still be okay and we might even still have some esports stuff.

Maybe if the balance was okay we could finally have a growing pvp scene once again.

Hanging on to existing players and not caring about balancing is not a good business model!!!

Winning against mermer(s) in sPvP:-Have at least 2 equally skilled or better players as that mesmer on your team (this one is up to luck imo)-Have SB sidenoder on your team-Have S/D condi thief on your team-Have scourge+fb nucleus on mid and rotate properly with them-Take extra care with secondary map objectives where available

And ofc, outplaying opposing team with your rotations - THE "be all, end all" recipe for winning against anything in sPvP.

Mesmer's kit is great indeed but only in vacuum. You can't build all mesmer team. In a team gamemode, it's perfectly OK for some classes to have rock/paper/scissors individual matchups.

That brings me to another important point - in your last 10 games, how many times did you team engage in conversation in starting minute, adjusted builds/switched some professions/ got basic strategy down? If you don't see that often, you WILL have some terrible problems with competent opposition on mesmers/thieves/holos.(also, you will orbit around s2-g2 depending on luck. just like me :) And by luck i don't mean "will you outplay 1 opposing player 1v1" but "will my team do enough to score more points" )

@"Arioch.4810" said:Winning against mermer(s) in sPvP:-Have at least 2 equally skilled or better players as that mesmer on your team (this one is up to luck imo)-Have SB sidenoder on your team-Have S/D condi thief on your team-Have scourge+fb nucleus on mid and rotate properly with them-Take extra care with secondary map objectives where available

And ofc, outplaying opposing team with your rotations - THE "be all, end all" recipe for winning against anything in sPvP.

Mesmer's kit is great indeed but only in vacuum. You can't build all mesmer team. In a team gamemode, it's perfectly OK for some classes to have rock/paper/scissors individual matchups.

That brings me to another important point - in your last 10 games, how many times did you team engage in conversation in starting minute, adjusted builds/switched some professions/ got basic strategy down? If you don't see that often, you WILL have some terrible problems with competent opposition on mesmers/thieves/holos.(also, you will orbit around s2-g2 depending on luck. just like me :) And by luck i don't mean "will you outplay 1 opposing player 1v1" but "will my team do enough to score more points" )

I am in plat 2 atm, could be higher probably but I can't get myself to invest time anymore for this game mainly because of the balance, also due to lack of pvp development from anet.

I am much happier if I just don't play. I am just getting annoyed by almost everything in pvp atm.

I am glad to know that the pvp devs are trying their hardest to do something for pvp but it's sad that their effort is just a side business in the company. That being said, yeah you can maybe counter the mesmers if they don't know what they can do but then again it's just annoying to do while the mesmer kinda gets a free pass on the effort and like you said you'd have to have a team with you to do that.

To sum this up I would bet that the current mesmer, if we had pro league as it was after hot launch, would have made the league and the esports fail and make people lose interest similar to bunker mesmer meta. The situation isn't as bad as it was then but it's not far from it. Right now the game is at it's most annoying phase ever where cc just flies around and effects stack as a cluster cloud. In pve that's not that big of a problem but in pvp it's vital. If only the interest of the company would be more on the improving general gameplay side (!= gem store)...

Archived