[SORT OF A BUG] Confusion damage reverted back to its old state

So some time ago we had a patch that upped the base damage on torment and confusion: this was because on any given enemy, these conditions could potentially do far less damage than bleeding stacks and hurt a class's DPS (example, you stun a boss and drop your torment/confusion on them but since they aren't doing anything you just wasted your time).

With scourge and mirage, these buffs would really make these classes shine as they focus on these. However, sadly, it appears that confusion has reverted back to its old state! A guildy pointed it out and I verified: my base damage for 5 stacks of confusion on skill 3 for mirage is just under 400 damage (in full ascended vipers), while the damage on 3 stacks of torment is just above 1200 (baseline damage, not while moving or using skills).

Was this on purpose? I would think not, and the nerf isn't making killing t hings impossible, but it definitely hurts the mirage's ability to feel viable in any serious group composition, as a class that solely brings damage to the table.

So... is this going to stay or change back to it's buffed version?

Last I knew, they had increased baseline damage for both torment and confusion to be inline with bleeding but with enhanced damage on skill use/movement. This was a while back. I'm sad to hear it's bugged if it is. I changed my entire mesmer build to condi mirage with perplexity runes based on the idea that I'd be a bit better in pve than it used to be.

I tried running the math myself using the wiki numbers but nothing I calculate adds up to the in-game numbers, for the old damage or the new. I'm very curious to see if this is true or not. Maybe my guildmate and myself are mistaken, but the dps does feel a little low (or inconsistent).Any experts out there able to speak to this?

Archived