On renegade and bleeding

Renegade's bleeds aren't long enough.

The auto attack bleeds for 4 sec.The 2 bleeds for 6 sec.

Kala, bleeds for 2 sec. (admittedly a spike of 50 potential bleeds. But 2 sec a piece, at a 1 per sec per player interval.... With 5 players attacking once per second it's a max spike of 25 bleeds. Which fall off at the same rate the apply. Even with 100% duration to bleeds. They're only 4 sec.)

The issue with this? Every other class that uses bleeding, all has a large number of stacks for long duration to make up for the fact that it's the weakest condition. Elementalist earth dagger auto is 6sec default, 12@100%. Ring of earth is 21sec @100%. Necro, and ranger... Even firebrand have longer bleeding than this.

In testing in fractals, trying to get bleeds as high as possible, they spike up to 3k dmg for a few seconds, then fall off. I can usually find a 7 or 800 tick in there when I'm not trying to stack them exclusively.

Considering that Kala, and Shortbow are the only source of bleeds to the base class... (outside of geomancy and earth sigil) this means that bleeds are constantly falling off. The design of Elementalist should be referred to again here as the long bleeds can be stacked up in earth, before switching to fire to stack short burns before those first bleeds have fallen off.

With Kala having no torment access. And Shortbow only able to provide a few stacks of torment... This means that your most damaging condition falls off during half the rotation.

All that said. Kala, and the Shortbow are fun to play. The rotation created with mallyx is fun. I want this to work very badly.

How do we solve it? Lengthen the bleeds on everything that bleeds. Perhaps rework kala's bleed skill to have less, longer bleeds rather than more shorter ones.

Anyone have a better idea?

Archived