Low level maps [suggestion]

Zahld.4956

@Seera.5916 said:

@"Rasimir.6239" said:This game currently has 25 lvl 80 maps, 2 maps that are partly level 80, and 24 maps below level 80. That's easily half of the game restricted to level 80 already. We also have alot of content on the below 80 maps relevant to players at level cap (world bosses, collections, achievements, races, dungeons, all kinds of level-independent content like jps) that do give relevant rewards. What exactly are you looking for in a "captured" random map that the game's regular endlevel content can't give you?

Sub-level 80 maps are mainly for training to get to level 80. Most will eventually achieve level for most of their alts. There doesn't need to be that many sub 80 level maps really.

Another work around could be to convert most maps to level 80 and leave only 3 or 4 maps per race to be sub level 80 maps.

Players cannot stay level sub level 80 forever while playing so there's not a whole lot of reason to keep so many maps sub 80. Quicker leveling in those maps might apply here too because who wants to take forever to level their alts to get to the endgame content (instead of tomes to skip leveling, this content can be more used by most players more frequently instead). Harvest-able materials in the maps can stay the same materials to not negatively impact the mat economy too much. Having more low level mats in high level areas would also help balance available mats in the economy also, on the other hand.

I'd rather have multiple lower level maps to vary the leveling experience for my alts. Not be forced to do one map over and over again because it's the only one level appropriate.

Or maybe a short series of game types that bring you to level 80 with one crafting maxed at the end. This leveling series would have beginner dungeons, fractals, raids, open world instance, jumping puzzle, mini game, DE, hearts, meta events, world boss, underwater area, map completion, crafting, BL Trading, specially made for leveling and be randomized to make things less monotonous.

That's what we already have for the most part. Except I can choose to level however I wish. Not with whatever method a randomizer decides I need to level.

Have this as a guided option after entering open world.

@Zahld.4956 said:

@"Rasimir.6239" said:This game currently has 25 lvl 80 maps, 2 maps that are partly level 80, and 24 maps below level 80. That's easily half of the game restricted to level 80 already. We also have alot of content on the below 80 maps relevant to players at level cap (world bosses, collections, achievements, races, dungeons, all kinds of level-independent content like jps) that do give relevant rewards. What exactly are you looking for in a "captured" random map that the game's regular endlevel content can't give you?

Sub-level 80 maps are mainly for training to get to level 80. Most will eventually achieve level for most of their alts. There doesn't need to be that many sub 80 level maps really.

Another work around could be to convert most maps to level 80 and leave only 3 or 4 maps per race to be sub level 80 maps.

Players cannot stay level sub level 80 forever while playing so there's not a whole lot of reason to keep so many maps sub 80. Quicker leveling in those maps might apply here too because who wants to take forever to level their alts to get to the endgame content (instead of tomes to skip leveling, this content can be more used by most players more frequently instead). Harvest-able materials in the maps can stay the same materials to not negatively impact the mat economy too much. Having more low level mats in high level areas would also help balance available mats in the economy also, on the other hand.

I'd rather have multiple lower level maps to vary the leveling experience for my alts. Not be forced to do one map over and over again because it's the only one level appropriate.

Or maybe a short series of game types that bring you to level 80 with one crafting maxed at the end. This leveling series would have beginner dungeons, fractals, raids, open world instance, jumping puzzle, mini game, DE, hearts, meta events, world boss, underwater area, map completion, crafting, BL Trading, specially made for leveling and be randomized to make things less monotonous.

That's what we already have for the most part. Except I can choose to level however I wish. Not with whatever method a randomizer decides I need to level.

Have this as a guided option after entering open world.

New player experience already points players towards the things that players can do to level up as appropriate.

We don't need something else that does the same thing.

Guided option would likely very rarely be done as very few want to be guided through the leveling up process. Players want to do the content they want to do in order to progress in the game. A player shouldn't be guided towards dungeons if they would rather roam around the map and map complete to level up their character.

The way the system works right now with regards to leveling up and the options available, work just fine. You're trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist.

Archived