Will Core Classes/Other Elite Specs Get Access To Barrier?

Arimas.3492

So on PoF launch I was a little disappointed that none of the core classes or other elite specs got access to barrier. I think quite a few core class support builds could be improved with barrier as well. And its also quite disappointing that Scourge is currently the only spec that can actually take advantage of barrier to support allies. I was excited for a new mechanic in the game, especially for WvW/PvP and more so for it being related to support.

Will barrier be given to other classes in the next balance patch?

I would even suggest that they unifiy the barrier mechanic with the aegis boon. So that in Future instead of blocking one attack aegis grants you a certain amount of barrier (this then obviously has to stack with intensity instead of of duration). Because currently they are doing the same role anyway - protecting allies gainst spikes for a short amount of time - so why not make them one?

This also would mean that you have more counterplay through boon removal, which in conclusion means that it then can be buffed by lets say lowering its decaying rate. Which is one of the mayor complaints if I read the necro forum correctly.

@Gomes.5643 said:I would even suggest that they unifiy the barrier mechanic with the aegis boon. So that in Future instead of blocking one attack aegis grants you a certain amount of barrier (this then obviously has to stack with intensity instead of of duration). Because currently they are doing the same role anyway - protecting allies gainst spikes for a short amount of time - so why not make them one?

This also would mean that you have more counterplay through boon removal, which in conclusion means that it then can be buffed by lets say lowering its decaying rate. Which is one of the mayor complaints if I read the necro forum correctly.

A barrier doesn't prevent damage, it only mitigates a portion of it, aegis is far more useful as it prevents damage and other effects associated with the attack altogether.

Not to mention the traits that proc off aegis

Which is a further reason why they should be unified. Currently Aegis is highly situational and therefore a nightmare to balance. While completly broken when dealing with bosses\raids etc which have slow paced heavy hitting damage sources and useful in PVP (I guess?), it becomes completly irrelevant when fighting in bigger brawls, like metas\open world roaming and I can also imagine WvW (but I am not sure about it).

By connecting barrier with aegis this problem would disappear. It would have the same strength in all gamemodes and is therefore much easier to balance.

@Gomes.5643 said:Which is a further reason why they should be unified. Currently Aegis is highly situational and therefore a nightmare to balance. While completly broken when dealing with bosses\raids etc which have slow paced heavy hitting damage sources and useful in PVP (I guess?), it becomes completly irrelevant when fighting in bigger brawls, like metas\open world roaming and I can also imagine WvW (but I am not sure about it).

By connecting barrier with aegis this problem would disappear. It would have the same strength in all gamemodes and is therefore much easier to balance.

no, aegis is very usefull in wvw, roaming and large scale, leave it alone.

Archived