BUG: Guardian unable to equip Hammers?

Not sure when this started but my Guardian has just looted a nice rare Hammer but cannot equip it as the tooltip shows "Weapon type unusable by your profession." for some reason. Checked the hammer that is already equipped and the tooltip for that also states "Weapon type unusable by your profession.", so I checked the TP and all hammers now show that in the tooltip! I can still use the hammer I have equipped, swapping weapon sets works fine, I can swap between the hammer and mace/shield without a problem, just cannot replace the equipped hammer with a better one! Tried searching to see if this is either an intended change or a known issue but found nothing. Checking the characters Build tab still shows Hammer skills so I'm guessing this is some sort of bug?

EDIT: A quick relog of the character seems to have fixed whatever was wrong, maybe some weird glitch with tooltips or something? shrug

Were you mounted when you checked the tooltip? Mounting kind of changes your character as a whole so you can't quite equip weapons on your mounted character as the animals don't use weapons.

In other words, you have to dismount to change weapons, and looking at weapons while mounted shows that you can't use them, none of them.

That's the only thing I can think off. It happened a few times until I noticed that it was the mount.

I know about all weapons showing as unusable while mounted but I still double-checked by mounting and dismounting. It was just the tooltip for all Hammers showing as unusable! As I said, after posting I did a quick relog as I was thinking that maybe it was some weird tooltip cache corruption type of thing and once the relog was complete the tooltip for Hammers was displaying correctly for my Guardian. I suppose now we'll never really know what was going on, unless it happens to someone else! Weird things happen in games sometimes. shrug

• 2 months later...

Archived