(No Living World Season 3 Spoilers Please) What happens when I login to PoF for the first time?

Hello everyone,

I haven't played Living world Season 3, or Bastion of the Penitent, or Path of Fire yet (so please no spoilers for any of those), but what happens when I log into GW2 for the first time now that PoF has released? I preordered it, so it'll be available to me when I log in, but naturally I want to play everything in order before I start PoF.

I'm just nervous a spoilery automated cutscene/advertisement will play or something when I log in, which I want to avoid. Hopefully it's just a simple update of the personal story log in the hero panel, like with living story episodes, or some in-game mail or treasure chest icon I can ignore. If this is the case, a confirmation would be great.

On the flip side, if there is a one-time cutscene or advertisement I can only see once, could you guys also let me know? That way I can skip it, play LWS3, then find the cutscene afterwards to get the coherent order of things.

Lastly, I know PoF has something to do with a "Rogue Balthazar", which is kind of a spoiler for living world season 3 in itself, (ArenaNet has to market, I get it), but are any more LWS3 details revealed upon first login, perhaps even on the character select screen which I'm almost certain has changed? Any help you guys can give me is appreciated.

Thanks.

@"War Seeker.4738" said:Hello everyone,

I haven't played Living world Season 3, or Bastion of the Penitent, or Path of Fire yet (so please no spoilers for any of those), but what happens when I log into GW2 for the first time now that PoF has released? I preordered it, so it'll be available to me when I log in, but naturally I want to play everything in order before I start PoF.

I'm just nervous a spoilery automated cutscene/advertisement will play or something when I log in, which I want to avoid. Hopefully it's just a simple update of the personal story log in the hero panel, like with living story episodes, or some in-game mail or treasure chest icon I can ignore. If this is the case, a confirmation would be great.

On the flip side, if there is a one-time cutscene or advertisement I can only see once, could you guys also let me know? That way I can skip it, play LWS3, then find the cutscene afterwards to get the coherent order of things.

Lastly, I know PoF has something to do with a "Rogue Balthazar", which is kind of a spoiler for living world season 3 in itself, (ArenaNet has to market, I get it), but are any more LWS3 details revealed upon first login, perhaps even on the character select screen which I'm almost certain has changed? Any help you guys can give me is appreciated.

Thanks.

Nothing related to any part of the """"""story""""" will play when you log in. Your character will have no engagement with any episode until he activates it in the Hero panel.

Archived