My Eyes! The goggles do nothing! (New Utility Goggles are really bad)

I just want to take a moment here to discuss how bad this rework is, and hopefully do it in the context of overall game balance. What is going on with this specific change? I feel that overall most stunbreaks are fairly balanced in the context of what they provide, given their recharge and class constraints. However...

• Utility Goggles now removes a single blind and gives 2 seconds of Resistance for 30 seconds recharge (PvE/PvP/WvW).
  • Featherfoot Grace gives 5 seconds super speed and 5 seconds of resistance for 30 seconds recharge (PvE) and 40 seconds (WvW/PvP).

This is the closest analog I could find between two skills and it just seems like the formula is completely broken for Utility Goggles. But compare it to any other stunbreak in the game and I doubt you could find a worse skill.

I have no idea why this one skill seems to be balanced differently than every other stunbreak. A single blind removal and 2 seconds of resistance should be a 15-20 second CD at most given how other stunbreaks are balanced, and it would still be one of the weaker stunbreaks.

Is this really the final landing point for this skill? Can anyone explain what I am missing? I must be missing something.

@Hannelore.8153 said:Because its toolbelt skill is Detection Pulse. I'm not saying thats a great reason, but that's clearly what its being balanced by..

I am not sure I agree with that. Detection Pulse was moved to Purge Gyro with no corresponding gutting of the skill. It was then moved to Utility Goggles and this necessitated making it the worst stunbreak skill in the game by a wide margin?

You may be right but I think I am missing something still. The goggles do nothing!