[SUGGESTION] Tagless Squads

Squad play has been an excellent utility for me at times, but I find there are problems related to how squads are forced to publicly notify that they exist. My request is to allow squads to optionally not have a tag, so they can be secretive and not broadcast into a public space. These are my main use cases for when this would be useful:1: Useful for WvW where ninja squads need to not have a commander, and squad management becomes painful and those squads lose tag support.2: Also useful for RP groups, so they do not disturb those expecting combat squads. These groups have to go commanderless to prevent that confusion, removing support for alt-# tags, even though they are very useful for these kinds of groups.In both cases squads are not public, they are private groups where the knowledge of the squads location is confusing to other players (case 2) or detrimental to the squad (case 1).

What you're initially asking for already exist - any party can be made into a commanderless (and thus tagless) squad. Being commanderless, it obviously lacks commander functionality like markers.

What you seem to be really asking for is an invisible commander tag, to get all the commander functions without showing publically. I want this too, for different reasons, but unfortunately Anet have already judged that it would be unhealthy for WvW.

Archived