Official Response Required-Matchmaking

Salvo.8290

I learned about a 6 months into GW2 (initial launch) that making posts for suggestions into improving the game was a total waste of my time and anyone else's time. I am not here to make any suggestions, but instead demand a detailed explanation into matchmaking. This is not a "what algorithm do you use"/wiki post link for a reply, but a personal investigation into what happened this last week. In the forum response I want you to list my highest rating during the last week, lowest rating achieved during last week, number of games played for this change, the average/maximum/minimum rating difference between players on (the same) team, and why this happened. Include how many 5+ win/loss streaks occurred and why this happened, as well as why you feel the term "skill rating" is appropriate. Feel free to include comments about match quality, why you think your system works/doesn't work, times of the day the games were played and their effects, what you have attempted to change in the last week with matchmaking, if you think my highest rating was artificially inflated somehow, or if my lowest rating is inaccurate, why MMR is not shown pre and post match, and if you think your system creates fun to play games. Unacceptable explanations include player's poor mechanics, lack of understanding of conquest game mode, or lack of a decent build-these things are not matchmaking and were not issues. I will not play this game until I get a satisfactory explanation.

anet:"matchmaking? you mean throwing ppl of any skill in a game? ye, we can do that."

just stop playing the game, u can play pvp just for the "fun", but anything else... u should rather have an eye for a new game.pretty sure they dont even have any staff to moderate the forums in such an amount, that answering questions like yours is possible.

someone on the forums said gw2 is the best "low budget high quality" mmorpg out here. thats kinda true. but everyone playing this game for more than 2 weeks, knows where the "low budget" is going.

I dont have a problem with my overall record but the matchmaking does not produce quality matches in general even though I feel I win about as much as I should. They allow far too big a MMR gap between individual players. They refuse to trade queue time for better matches for some reason. Several times this past weekend I would win 4 or 5 in a row and then when I finally lost the final score was ridiculous like 500-50 on average. Felt like autolosses to me.

Let me aid in this discussion by stating that the matchmaking change for rating was greater than 400. Additionally, I have had matches against bots. How many PVP reports had action taken since the release of POF? Who is the person in charge of this reporting? A lack of official forum response in this case is IMO completely unacceptable.

Archived