FOR Future AmuletFree design

messiah.1908

instead of amulets which predefined our role and build i wish each player could choose how to spread his points across the board.

defense and offense attributes

vitality, healing, toughness, concentration - major defensepower, condition, precision, ferocity, expertise - major offense

each player have 3250 points to spread around with some restrictions

max point is 1200 for each attributeeach point is 50only two major defense attributes can be chosen above 500 points

i know some already will think some class and build could be OP but i ask you to consider what more builds we can create to counter them or be better and most important the freedom from each player to match his own play style so the meta builds could have much larger area of play style and focus more on it over the build itself.

probably ANET would see it as harder to control with buff or nerf when needed but i think first it would give the community to ability to self control much better, while ANET could focus on the highest tier of builds which couldnt be counter. while also i think this system is much easier to control

you dont have to design and rename amulet (less hours and money spending)you only have to adjust restriction and points allocation (instead 500 point for major defense lower it to 450)you can patch frequently with more fine tuning (instead to delete an amulet you can adjust the point allocation by 100 instead of 50)

lets say top player came up with amazing build and attribute spreading. it will be his only. i cannot play as mesmer like helseth without condi cleanse. so i would take more vitality over something else etc..

you will see more builds diversity even in the meta build.

tell me what you think guys

The only issue is there'd be so many restrictions that would have to be put into place it would be an absurd amount of time and effort to implement. For example, you'd have to balance around the possibility of someone taking condi damage and then speccing only into tank stats for everything else. That, in the current metagame, would be op to a ridiculous level. Concept wise, however, I agree this would be a really cool and fun system to play with as customization would increase heavily. If anet was able to put proper restrictions in place with some good balancing I'd love to see a system like this.

@Ario.8964 said:The only issue is there'd be so many restrictions that would have to be put into place it would be an absurd amount of time and effort to implement. For example, you'd have to balance around the possibility of someone taking condi damage and then speccing only into tank stats for everything else. That, in the current metagame, would be op to a ridiculous level. Concept wise, however, I agree this would be a really cool and fun system to play with as customization would increase heavily. If anet was able to put proper restrictions in place with some good balancing I'd love to see a system like this.

you probably right that there would be about 2 more restrictions

also power build will be benefit from itand lets face it only 8 amulets are being used out from 22. 5 of them are power base,1 healing , 2 condition . this should tell you something... the amulets system is not working. the diversity is lacking

also 1200 condition, 500 toughness, 500 vitality, 1050 X - would be OP ?! might so .... or the current skills and traits are the main reason of being OP?!

this change i believe will enable anet to focus more on balance skills and traits and maybe even further developing the condition game mechanics.

like power have precision for more critical chance also condi could be effect by it for more chance to apply 1 more stack. doing so will open more free traits to changelike power have critical dmg, condition have duration with expertise.

so now power and condi have 3 attributes which make them more deadlier. and if the result will be everyone using the same 2 defense state with 2 offense state is also means a stalemate in game design of trait line and skills which should be fixed and can be focused on.

Archived