Audio Attached to Mounts Poorly Balanced

So I used to play with headphones on all the time but recently I've avoided it because when I mount up the audio feels off. It feels like it's off center and weighted heavier towards the right side. I started noticing it after getting the skyscale because out of all the mounts its audio balance is the worst. The problem seems to stem from the fact that the game applies the audio tracks for certain movements to one headphone over the other(really the right) instead of splitting them between the two. For instance, the skyscale has it's vocals split between the two headphones evenly but the audio for its wings flapping only come thru the right speaker/earphone. This is also partially true for any of the mounts movement skills and the mount skill itself but instead of the audio only coming thru the right side it is just much louder on the right. Not the end of the world but I have a lot of sensory issues and I love it if my mount sounded like I was riding it and not like it's standing at my right side.

Just in case it's literally just a "me" problem and you're curious about my hardware, I use a pair of Logitech G430s and my drivers are up to date. I also have some old realtek speakers and the audio is definitely still louder on the right side but it's the "lesser of two evils" when I want to play.

Please tell me someone else has noticed this and I'm not crazy or just have bad hardware.

The game just uses DirectX 3D audio positioning, the same as almost any Windows game. I've never noticed any problem myself, and it sounds like your stereo separation on your hardware or drivers is set too high, causing smaller differences to become extreme. This is commonly reflected in audio drivers with a "3D Surround" setting, which is not actually surround but a stereo widening filter.

Its likely just worse on headphones because of HRTF, which isn't used for playback on speakers.

The fact that it only affects mounts though is very curious. If you don't know, mounts replace your character, even though you appear to be riding them, and it can cause some camera weirdness. I would go into Options and check your Camera settings very carefully, as the listening position for the "microphone" of the sound API is positioned according to your game camera.

@Hannelore.8153That's interesting and definitely something to consider. I'm just hung up on the fact that it's only the mounts as far as I can tell. Never noticed it before.I was aware of mounts technically counting as a transformation and I've looked thru my camera settings as you said but I can't find anything that might be causing the audio differences aside from the way the game itself processes audio for surround sound. This one might just be a wash