Looking for a guild that doesn't force voice chat for end-game content

Squirrel.6318

I hate voice chat for video games... every guild I join always wants to use it. I just want to play the game. I don't have a microphone nor do I want to buy one. If there's any guild out there that does raids or strike missions that doesn't force me to use voice chat i'd love to join. I've been playing since the beta, well I took a year break after path of fire, but am back.

Hiya, Squirrel! My guild doesn't use voice chat, but we also don't do raids. However, I might recommend DEAF: Dragons of the Silence to you. They're a D/deaf guild that has some hearing people in it, and for obvious reasons, they don't use mics. Some of their members raid together in no-mic groups, so they might be close to what you're looking for? If you're interested, you can send an in-game mail to Voxann.9482 or check out their recruitment thread here: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/66196/na-pve-pvx-raid-dragons-of-the-silence-deaf-looking-to-grow-deaf-community

@"Jevati.4328" said:Hiya, Squirrel! My guild doesn't use voice chat, but we also don't do raids. However, I might recommend DEAF: Dragons of the Silence to you. They're a D/deaf guild that has some hearing people in it, and for obvious reasons, they don't use mics. Some of their members raid together in no-mic groups, so they might be close to what you're looking for? If you're interested, you can send an in-game mail to Voxann.9482 or check out their recruitment thread here: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/66196/na-pve-pvx-raid-dragons-of-the-silence-deaf-looking-to-grow-deaf-community

That sounds perfect. Thank you. I never thought about how deaf people might feel left out from the community because of this whole "must be on discord or voice chat" thing. I think it's just ridiculous, especially a lot of gamers have social anxiety or play video games to escape reality... I'm one of those who plays video games to escape reality and hearing people's voices on mics... I just lose the entire appeal of playing the game.