QoL Suggestions

Silencer.7614

I love the game for the most part but if I may I have 2 suggestions that I believe might make the QoL much better.

1'st Guild Hall 24 Hour Boosters are a terrific part of the game but if you play a main character as I do most of the time, changing the boost when you play different aspects of the game can be very time consuming/frustrating. A suggestion to make it more convenient would be to put the Guild Boosts flavors on a tab of the guild panel. That way any time you change game modes for exp. WvW, pvp , gathering, experience, karma, all you would need to do is select the appropriate boost from the panel. You could leave the bartender in the Guild Hall to still visit to receive a blank 24 hour boost and then basically select your flavor from the guild panel any time you are out of combat. Changing boosts from the panel would not give you any extra time, it would just take over whatever remaining time you had left from the lest time you got the boost from the Bartender in the guild hall. By doing this, you will still have a reason to visit the guild hall every 24 hours, but make it more convenient to change from mode to mode anytime.

2'nd WvW pip decay. Currently the vast majority of the player population when they are getting ready to leave WvW will go sit at the spawn and wait the 15 or so minutes for their participation to decay into tier 2 so they won't lose out on any of the rewards. This causes a few issues, the maps are filled up depending on the time of day with many players not actually playing and taking up valuable WvW server space, this can and does cause at peak times a large Queue for other players to then be able to join. This seems like both a waste of time for the player standing around or going afk to maximize there reward as well as a waste for all the people stuck in the queues waiting to get in and actually play.

A simple solution I would think is to create a Cash out system. Based on the Players participation at the time they choose to sign out of WvW. The system should be able to calculate the number of pips the player would receive if they were to stand around waiting based on current skirmish details at the time of the sign out. While I realize these details fluctuate based on outnumbered , 1-3 place etc, I would say just go with whatever values are being used as of the last skirmish tick the player participated in and carry it forward for however much time it would take if the player was to just stand around and tick down.

I wholeheartedly agree with both suggestions.1) I forget to change my 24 hour booster a lot, mainly because it's so out of the way to go to the Guild Hall just to pick it up.2) This is an absolute must if Arena Net wants to keep people interested in WvW. I get that a lot of people care more about playing than about what loot they get out of WvW, but lots of others don't (and they queue up all the maps on sizable servers).If you agree give this post some thumbs up and leave a comment. This stuff can only help you, why not push for some better QoL features.

@Demeth.5816 said:Pots'tab kills the need to go to the guild hall and reduces it to a tab. So no, I would rather not.

As I originally stated putting on a tab does not take away the need to go to guild hall. You still need to go there every 24 hours on each character to get a refill of a blank 24 hour boost. The tab only changes the type of boost conveniently from the guild panel tab and the change of boost is only good for how ever much time is left on the blank 24 hour boost. By changing from the tab it will not reset the boost back to 24 hours it will only play out how ever much time is left since you last went to the bartender in the guild hall. So I'm not sure what your problem is with my idea.

Archived