Bring back Vampiric rituals trait

Emapudapus.1307

I feel it's unfair take away another native skill CD reducing trait. We have already lost the ability to trait reduced CD on Spectral Skills which crippled many builds but, given the power of Spectrals, it was understood. But, Wells are just NOT that overpowered (in any game type) to just REMOVE the trait altogether with nothing in exchange.

@"MementoMortis.4258" said:I feel it's unfair take away another native skill CD reducing trait. We have already lost the ability to trait reduced CD on Spectral Skills which crippled many builds but, given the power of Spectrals, it was understood. But, Wells are just NOT that overpowered (in any game type) to just REMOVE the trait altogether with nothing in exchange.

The CD reduction have been made baseline in PvE thought. It's not like there is "nothing" in compensation, it's just that the baseline CD reduction in sPvP/WvW was to much (especially with how some PvPer react since the massive damage reduction in PvP/WvW). In itself, a trait that reduce CD on utility skill, make or break those utilities, I think it's better to not have this kind of traits in game (it's just to restrictive).

Let's be honest, it was burdensome to take Blood magic in order to benefit from vampiric ritual CD reduction. We all knew it and even ANet was aware of this fact. To revive this trait that was mostly dead ANet hadn't much choices and all those choices were potentially gamebreaking. Removing it wasn't a bad move, replacing it by Blood bank was the bad move. Blood bank need work, in it's current form it's not a satisfying trait to pick. It doesn't give an answer to anything, it's just more HP slapped onto already more than enough HP.

@"Dadnir.5038" said:

The CD reduction have been made baseline in PvE thought. It's not like there is "nothing" in compensation, it's just that the baseline CD reduction in sPvP/WvW was to much (especially with how some PvPer react since the massive damage reduction in PvP/WvW). In itself, a trait that reduce CD on utility skill, make or break those utilities, I think it's better to not have this kind of traits in game (it's just to restrictive).

I agree with most of this. I would simply point out that in other classes, there are traits that reduce CDs but are correctly placed next to other traits that are equally attractive depending on your play style and the related utilities aren't exactly neutered without traiting. For instance, Guardian has Pure of Voice and Perfect Inscriptions and, even though both have typically more attractive options, if you wanted to focus your utilities in one direction, you can. If not, Shouts and Signets can still used even without traiting for them.

At any rate, I think we can both agree that Rune of the Dolyak was WAY OP and TOTALLY needed that nerf. ;-)