Path of Fire - Ultimate expansion question please

Fnak.3810

Sorry for the spam. Returning after a few years to try GW2 again. I am wanting to 2 expansions but having trouble finding info on if the Path of Fire - Ultimate expansions includes the Heart of Thorns and Mad King stuff as well. I do see a package that includes both but looking at the Path of Fire - Ultimate one it doesn't say anything about Hear of Thorns. Thanks for any help.

The mad king is a halloween event that is available to all players of GW2 regardless of them having any expansion.

Path of Fire and Heart of Thorns are two entirely separate expansions and if you want them both you have to buy them separately or in the combined package you mentioned. It is perfectly possible to play PoF without HoT (or vica versa) but you will be missing several zones, the connecting story line, gliding and one set of elite specs, I don't know if you will also be missing revenant or if that is now included in PoF.

The Ultimate edition of PoF basically contains the same things as the Deluxe version as well as 4000 gems.

Hope that helps.

@Fnak.3810 said:I found a package for $99 that includes PoF Ultimate and HoT Standard editions so I ended up getting that.

Good deal, hope you have a good time with the game. Take ya time with the expansions though, just remember they are expansions and not a full game like core tyria.Just additions of the content you hardcore them im talking like 12+ hrs a day you'll burn through them in just a few weeks. Even quicker if you only have 1 or 2 chars.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:I hope you purchased from an Authorized Retailer. Purchasing elsewhere, sometimes, has less than desirable results.

Welcome return, and good luck.

Agreed.

I to was concerned but not much i can do if you didn't, but he does make a valid point that you do need to be aware of. Hopefully luck will be on your side. usually, i never have good luck so i stick to anet website.

Archived