"Assistance Needed": Veterans advice on PvP

Baudrillard.4612

Good evening/morning/day everyone!

Recently I took a huge break with Gw, doing some real life things, so I was abscent for quite a while. Before that I was playing Engi and Rev in 50/50 proportion. So, I'm a kind of player who likes PvP a lot and now, when I came back into the game I found that Rev is still in very good condition: Glint imperishable build is still here and still good, bow renegade is also an interesting thing - no problems with playing both of them. Then I decided to check my Engi and was a bit frustrated. According to Metabattle and Godsofpvp there are two viable builds: Nades Holo and Demo Scrapper. I tried both of them, but it should be some kind of trickery or my poor skills: both of them feel kinda meh? Holo seems to make 0 dmg in comparison to what I remember. Scrapper has overall better survivability, but it's literaly a challenge to kill somebody when it still can be easily focused by 2 players with CC.

So, here is my questions to veteran players: am I doing something wrong? What happened to all powerful builds alltogether? And more important, what other (more viable/fun) builds I can try to avoid that traditional over the years feeling of engi resentment?

Thank you for any answers and advices!

Nade holo is one of the strongest builds in the metagame right now. It does great damage and has a lot of survivability for being zerker amulet. If you're not doing damage on it, maybe you arent executing properly. The big hit will be landing sword 3>2 with t3 heat which can be easily set up with a shield 4 knockback. Land your nades, specifically shrapnel nade. Try to start and end holo form with 3 for the might and try to land a barrage in holo form while at high heat for the damage bonus.

Scrapper is meh. Prot holo is a vastly superior side noder.

@ellesee.8297 said:Nade holo is one of the strongest builds in the metagame right now. It does great damage and has a lot of survivability for being zerker amulet. If you're not doing damage on it, maybe you arent executing properly. The big hit will be landing sword 3>2 with t3 heat which can be easily set up with a shield 4 knockback. Land your nades, specifically shrapnel nade. Try to start and end holo form with 3 for the might and try to land a barrage in holo form while at high heat for the damage bonus.

Scrapper is meh. Prot holo is a vastly superior side noder.

Thank you for an advice! I'll try to reconsider how I play)