unable to Alt+Tab back into the game

My game locks up oddly sometimes (unfortunately, now more often than not, lately) when I Alt+Tab out of the game (fullscreen mode). I can hear the in-game sounds but I am unable to Alt+Tab back into the game. My mouse, even though I am on my desktop, looks like the GW2 in-game mouse. I'm unable to do anything (unable to interact with the mouse or keyboard in any application or the desktop) as the game has 'focus' even though I am unable to bring up GW2 window again. For instance, I am able to Ctrl+Alt+Del and bring up the Task Manager, but because the game has 'focus', I am unable to interact with the Task Manager to End Task for GuildWars2. I can only Ctrl+Alt+Del and restart my computer (or use 'Sign Out' and then have to restart all applications again). This has been an issue for me for several months now (starting with the PoF release to be exact) though it now happens with much, much greater frequency as of the last few days. Another way I can sometimes--though much more rarely--trigger this same issue is to dismount from any of my mounts. Game freezes and I am forced to restart (or Sign Off) computer. I have the Windows 10, I have an nVidia card and am using the most current drivers.