Game keeps 'uninstalling' itself

This is a recurring issue as of late. I'd play the game, nothing goes wrong. I log off.

I log back on later. Launcher decides the entire game needs reinstalling, the whole 548k file caboodle. Even though the GW2 folder is reading to be 49.8GB in size.

Naturally, I see this as nonsense.

This is remedied by using a Data Archive repair shortcut, but having to do this FREQUENTLY is starting to become a bit of a **** when I'd rather spend the first 20mins of my free time actually PLAYING the game and not fixing a problem that isn't there.

Any ideas/tips? Anyone else having this problem?

8 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Make sure nothing is installing to a .temp folder. 

Already checked. That isn't the case.

If this carries on, I might need to just wipe the whole folder and allow the reinstall. It's getting so goddamn tiresome having the launcher stroke out on me when it had absolutely ZERO issues beforehand.

Edited by RecklessRedcoat.1759

A small question:  How old is your Hard Drive or SSD.  Drive failures come on slowly like this.  Symptoms like this ( data loss on drive ) will cause repeated repair issues eventually causing more NOTICEABLE failures.  For spinning drives 2 or 3 years is close to life expectancy.  Some  early SSDs had retention issues too.