Plaguedoctor (w/Seraph or Trailblazer) Mirage for Open World

TheAgedGnome.7520

I've been enjoying my staff condi Mirage post-patch, and wanted to play around in OW with boon duration and see what healing can be done, while still being able to run around and kill things.  This is my current experiment - Chaos/Inspiration with mostly Seraph and a few Plaguedoctor pieces for a bit more health:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PigAYZlRwgYRsDmJe6TpvKA-zRRYoK6gC8biwdGJKBCRBY3ZpKhN-e

It still works quite well for running around solo and sure feels tanky. The group healing is a bit meh, but the alacrity is 5s and might is 24.5s.

Edited by TheAgedGnome.7520
  • Like 1

I played this build quite a bit yesterday, and continue to be impressed with it. Soloing Mayatl the Fierce in VB, my biggest enemy was the clone deletion bug. It also works well doing bounties, metas, dungeons, and other group content.

The build has a nice combination for me of active gameplay to keep my mind engaged while still feeling pretty chill overall. This may become my primary Mirage build.

• 3 weeks later...

FWIW, my current iteration is Plaguedoctors with Trailblazer rings and amulet:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PigAYZlRwgYRMPmJe6TpvKA-zRRYkBd8GFc4lR6JQIFg8zSVeaA-e

This gives me 4s of alacrity with w/o food buffs, almost 1400 toughness, and 24k health. The Inspiration line gives healing allies on clone spawn, healing and cleanse self on clone shatter, aegis allies on distortion, condi removal on allies on heal. This build also has 2 stunbreaks.

Compared to a Viper build with Torment runes, it almost certainly leaves alot of DPS on the table. But its fun to play,  lots of sustain, and feels plenty strong. 

Updated tuning crystal type.
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This minor revision takes Renewing Oasis instead of Deception for the Regeneration, which in turn triggers Chaotic Persistence, bringing condi duration to 51% and  boon duration to 74%. It also uses Mirage Mantle instead of Desert Distortion

Playing this build has the feel of playing a Scourge on roller skates. ::classic_biggrin:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PigAYZlRwgYRMPmJe6TpPNA-zRZYkBdgGFwb4wLj0TgQKA5nlq0tA-e   

(Note that the staff is Seraph, but could just as easily be Plaguedoctor. Seraph just leftover from my initial build version.)

• Like 2

• TheAgedGnome.7520 changed the title to Plaguedoctor (w/Seraph or Trailblazer) Mirage for Open World