Crystalline Memories disconnecting me at the end

I've twice done the Crystalline Memories instance of PoF and after the fight I approach the brooding Rytlock and it disconnects me. Happened last night on my thief, 22:40ish, and has just happened again on my Mirage, 11:55. Message on screen is that a logon server can't be found after it's kicked me out.

Last night's incident was after I'd been afk for a while and so thought this was the cause but today's problem was a straight play through.

Both times are BST.

Characters involved, Sed Shadowstep & Lady Sed Enigma.Server is Gunnars Hold.

@Lanhelin.3480 said:I suggest you to go to graphics settings and limit fps to 30. Additionally during the dialogue sequence walk, jump, use skills to keep your graphics card busy.

Graphics settings have nothing to do with network traffic so I can't see how this would cause my issues. I completed PoF on another character and didn't experience this issue. And the settings haven't been changed since I installed the card 6 months ago.

@Marshall Sed.8643 said:

@Lanhelin.3480 said:I suggest you to go to graphics settings and limit fps to 30. Additionally during the dialogue sequence walk, jump, use skills to keep your graphics card busy.

Graphics settings have nothing to do with network traffic so I can't see how this would cause my issues. I completed PoF on another character and didn't experience this issue. And the settings haven't been changed since I installed the card 6 months ago.

Unlimited fps can cause a performance spike after a sequence where the graphics card has nearly nothing to do, that can lead to a signal drop out of a millisecond due to high voltage difference. This millisecond is enough to kick you from login server. The fps limit prevents the spike. Actions by the character keep the difference even smaller.

Ofc you do not need to try this suggestion.

• 1 month later...

Archived