My game has become unplayable overnight

Hello. Thanks for your support beforehand.

Up until yesterday I was playing without any issues, other than sporadic disconnections to the login server that were easily fixed with a client restart. But since this morning, almost nothing works. The login process in the launcher takes a very long time (sometimes it doesn't even login and I have to restart the launcher. And in the event that I manage to open up the client, character logging in takes forever, and the couple of times that I did manage to log in to a character, I couldn't do anything. All I can do is move around, while I keep getting spammed the same error message 42 and error 7. Can't port anywhere, can't form parties/squads, can't use LFG system, and eventually I get booted from the server.

Detailed error messages: Code=42:0:9001:4457:101
                                             Code=7:11:3:202:101

All troubleshooting available in the forums has been tried. Opening ports, allowing the app through firewall, deleting all third-party apps such as arcdps and Taco. Restarted my PC, restarted modem. I don't know what else to try. What could be causing such instability?

• Like 1

Two things:

The 42 error can be caused by too many attempts to log in.  It may resolve itself after waiting a few hours to log in.

You can use a program like PingPlotter to find where connection issues lay.

Be aware that AWS server can not be normally pinged.

---

You can contact the Tech CS Team via the 'Support' link above/below and 'Submit a Ticket' for assistance.

Good luck.  

• 2 weeks later...

I've been having this issue for FIVE MONTHS. I've sent multiple tickets and all they ever do is ask me to send DxDiag and run Hi-jackThis.

Things I've tried:
Uninstalling and reinstalling
-repair
Clearing cache
Adjusting Firewall settings
Disabling Firewall
Disabling anitvirus programs
Using VPN (WTFast)
Running on different computer
Updating drivers
Contacting ISP - ISP reset and updated Modem
REPLACING ENTIRE MODEM

None of these things have worked.

What I'm experiencing:
Soft disconnect to character select and hard disconnect to launcher. Happens every hour/few hours.

ERROR CODES:
7:11:3:202:101
1101:4:5:1749:101

Absolutely at the end of my wits with this. I've asked questions on forums, from my ISP, through support here, tried various programs and suggestions... This issue occurs regardless of the computer I'm on and it DOES NOT impact my connection on other games or programs. This is strictly a GW2 related problem.