Herald - Condi Dps & support suggestions (From surveys)

SeTect.5918

I Made like 3-4 suggestions and asked a few people what they would like for Herald in the last weeks. This will be the final and last suggestion about Herald.

First we start that Renegade is better is nearly everything than Herald. Example:

Support and healing - Herald has perm protection, slow stacking of might, fury and regeneration and maybe a few other small boons. But it has no top tier boon like alacrity or quickness. Instead of the boon support (Herald) renegade got alacrity and even got a trait for it. Renegade also offers perm protection by a trait. About healing i am not sure. But what i know is, that Renegade shares the heal skill that reduces incoming condi dmg by 20% and heals each second AND the elite skill with allies.

Power and Condi Dps - It is no secret that Renegade is better than Herald in both Power and Condi dps. Would it make more sense if Herald does more condi dps because the theme is dragon? Maybe, but that is not even what i want. I just want that can come even close to Renegade. 

So here are my suggestions:

Core Value - This trait clearly needs another effect. 1 bonus stack or second for each legend is poor for a trait. At least in PvE. I would suggest to give this trait the ability to give another effect to the passive effects of Facet of Nature to allies. Example:

Deamon: 6% more torment damage in PvE and 2% in WvW and PvP.

Dragon: 3% more burn damage in PvE and 1% in WvW and PvE.

Centaur: 10% incoming heal in all gamemodes.

Dwarf: You grant barrier every 5 seconds: 300 in PvE and 80 in WvW and PvP.

Assassin: You grant battle scars every 3 seconds.

Reinforced Potency: This now also increases Condition and Life Siphon damage. (Very important change)

Facet of Strength: Might stacks increased from 1 to 2. 

Burst of Strength: each hit inflicts 3 stacks bleeding for 8 seconds in PvE only. 1 Stack and 2 seconds in WvW and PvP.

Chaotic Release: Inflicts 1 stack confusion for 10 seconds, 1 stack burning for 4 seconds and 2 stacks poison for 6 seconds in PvE now. In WvW and PvP the stacks are the same but the duration for each condition is reduced to 1 second.

My thoughts:

-The conditions of Chaotic Release fits the name and together with the conditions of burst of Strength this Change helps to not lose too much damage as Condition dps when swapping to dragon.

-The might stacks of Burst of Strength are helping the Boon Herald to faster stack up the might because it is really slow at the moment.

-The trait Core Value really needs a change because atm it is not very relevant and nearly never used.

-Reinforced Potency is a trait that should get this change to increase the low damage of Condition Herald. 

Everything are just suggestions to give an idea about where Herald should move to and this is what happened when i asked around. Some also told me about 5 man quickness and it would maybe be cool but i think thats a change that should be discussed a bit more.

I hope to find some more support for these changes and have a nice day.

Edited by SeTect.5918
  • Like 2