NEW ACCOUNT ISSUES - IMPOSSIBLE TO REGISTER AND PLAY

Hello,I tried to register a new account, but each time I try there was this "Unspecified Error".I tried with 2 different mails (gmail and outlook) and with both the same issue.

The strange thing is that then I tried to log in on the ANET web page, and actually it worked!So I verified my mail, and I tried to log in on the GW2 client, and this is what I got

ACCOUNT-GW2

Now, it looks to me that account is registered as ANET but not as a GW2 account, is anyone able to help me through?

Thanks all

I have been facing an issue creating a new account as well. I made a new Gmail specifically for the account and still nothing... I proceeded to try different emails and different password combinations, but that same "There was an unspecified error. Please try again." keeps popping up.

@"Auburner.6945" said:I have been facing an issue creating a new account as well. I made a new Gmail specifically for the account and still nothing... I proceeded to try different emails and different password combinations, but that same "There was an unspecified error. Please try again." keeps popping up.

This is exactly what I did too, but if you try to log in on ANET web site, you can actually do it.Problem is that account is not working with the game!

@Auburner.6945 said:So I have tried a different email provider. It seems that of the 2 or 3 other providers used, I was able to create an account as well as login.

I don't know, but there seems to be an issue with Gmail.

I tried with outlook too, can you suggest me a good email provider?I did 2 different emails account, but nothing

• 1 year later...

One year later and the exact same issue still exists 😞

I created 4 accounts in a row, 3 of them are broken.

According to the support I have to open 6 support tickets now... 3 tickets to change each accounts's email and another 3 tickets to then delete those accounts (which takes a whole month each, even tho the accounts are broken since creation and are 10 minutes old....)

I just don't understand why they can't fix the registration process if it is known for so long, I can imagine that many new players don't have that many throwaway-email addresses at hand, so they are already pushed away from the game before they even started 🤥

Edited by Flomix Twentyseven.5810

19 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Could be players using VPNs? 

Doesn't matter whether I use a VPN or not. I had this same issue. I tried on my desktop with and without a VPN, on my laptop that has never had a VPN installed, and even on my phone through mobile data (to make sure it wasn't my home router) which also doesn't have a VPN installed.

I was told that "I am seeing that you are attempting to access our services from an ISP that is commonly used by VPN services and is also a favorite of individuals who participate in negative activity within our services.....as long as you are attempting to access our services from a blocked ISP, you will not be able to log in." But I *could* log in. The only issue I had at the time was being unable to create an account.

So allegedly they have one of the major Australian ISPs (Telstra) blocked. Because *some* people use it for nefarious reasons (same should be argued for literally every ISP in existance), and somehow I can still pay the game, log in on the forums on my main account, access my anet account....but not create a new account.

• 2 months later...