I wanted to do something nice but.. — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Community Creations

I wanted to do something nice but..

Hello guys,
I am confused and I need your opinion.
It is almost year when Dulfy (guide creator) has left gaming world. A lot of people missed her guides and at that time I already had some guide videos on ytb. I hyped myself for making dulfy-like website. I wanted to do something nice and fill up empty space which Dulfy left. I have payed for web hosting, domain, web certificates and program to help me with html. Because I was really really hyped I have bought 5 years licenses. I put hundreds of hours to create this website, guides and spend hours of farming for lottery. I was happy to do that.
And now there is big BUT..
It looks like I upset part of the community. I didn't realize that people would rather put it on wiki than on another site. A lot of people wrote me a lot of grumpy messages. I said them that they can use all my materials for wiki if they want but i only got another grumpy messages.
Now I don't know what to do. It looks like even Arenanet doesn't like guides outside wiki or ytb. I don't want to abandon my work, my first very own project but I am scared of another grumpy messages and I feel like I did something unwanted.
i am really sorry that I am crying here I just had to confine in somewhere.

Sincerely Player

Comments

• Bealis.6023Bealis.6023 Member ✭✭

Hello, why not try joining the partner program as a content creator? Its not said anywhere that sources should be limited to just wiki. If you have fun contributing to the community, dont get yourself discouraged ;)B)

• Tsakhi.8124Tsakhi.8124 Member ✭✭✭

Don't be sorry for being kind! Some people are so adverse to change that they can get... kitteny. If you have a passion and you have a way, by all means, keep pursuing what you love. Also, don't let the actions of a few discourage you from doing something for the many out that there that would probably appreciate it. I agree 100% with Bealis, it sounds like a solid plan.

Mistakes don't define us, solutions do.

You're never alone in this world that's forever shifting, nor alone on this path unwinding.

i like celery

• Thank you guys it means a lot tome.
    I have already wrote anet two times about joining partner program but I am still without answer. That is why I feel like they dont like this type of content.

• I 100% agree with the people above. I for one appreciate the effort people do on their sparetime to help others! Keep doing what you do! I am 100% sure that the majority appreciate it.

• Bealis.6023Bealis.6023 Member ✭✭

I dont think the case is that they dont like the content. Everyone liked and enjoyed Dulfy guides. I remember getting my skyscale with them :) The case may be that GW team has just been overhauled. The community is going nowhere though ;)