Alienware Aurora R7 Framerate

Hello everyone, just wondering if I could get some help with trying to up my frames in Guild Wars 2. Yes, its another one of those posts. I'm not very tech-savy and am hoping to get some insight on this.

In-game on medium settings, I average 20-30 FPS. This is in non-populated zones; even worse in hubs like LA. I feel like my rig should be doing a little better.

I have a prebuilt Aurora R7:GTX 1080I7-8700 @ 3.2ghz16GB RAMNo SSD

All drivers are up to date including windows.I have tried minimal in-game settings averaging around 40 FPS.My battery power plan settings are at high performance.I understand this is a CPU intensive game, but I would hope there is something to get 40 frames max on this set up. Please help.Thanks in advance!

@"Mikesaur.6309" said:Update. Am dumb. Recently moved and when setting up my PC I plugged my Displayport cable into the motherboard :# .

It happens ! So were you using the intel integrated gpu instead of the GTX 1080 ? :)

Also with your set-up you'd likely see a good performance boost by running the game in Direct X 12 using the d912pxy.

There is a guide here on the forums which i'll link for you below. Glad you fixed your issue :)

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/110553/want-to-use-directx-12-dx12-for-gw2-heres-a-guide-on-using-the-d912pxy-on-windows-10#latest