[PvP Build] Techno Gladiator

BurrTheKing.8571

While a Holo with Rocket Boots has tons of mobility, they tend to lack on point presence. This build attempts to bring not only more personal sustain, but some team support as well.

The Techno Gladiator

The trick to this build is that you have to keep yourself above that 50 heat threshold in order to make the most use of your Utilities. if you have to use them sub 50 heat your sustain can drop dramatically. Be careful vs Condi, you CAN beat it but you have to make good use of your heals toolbelt skill in combination with Elixir Gun. While Sword is a bit clunky, the Quickness it gives is good and if you can land sword 2 at close range it can do good damage as well.

it's still a little rough around the edges probably, but the concept seems solid/ You won't be as tanky as a Scrapper but this build is more of a brawler and can do great damage when used right.

I tried something similar to this around PoF's launch (elixir S instead of spectrum shield, rest was virtually identical). The problem I experienced with it is that it simply does not have enough tankiness to stand a fight against SB or Scourge, and without rocket boots, you have no avenue of escape. SB will trample you and laugh all the way home.

That said, against non-scourge/SB opponents, it can be quite strong. I beat rifle holos every time I used it. The damage output can be quite immense.

@Vagrant.7206 said:I tried something similar to this around PoF's launch (elixir S instead of spectrum shield, rest was virtually identical). The problem I experienced with it is that it simply does not have enough tankiness to stand a fight against SB or Scourge, and without rocket boots, you have no avenue of escape. SB will trample you and laugh all the way home.

That said, against non-scourge/SB opponents, it can be quite strong. I beat rifle holos every time I used it. The damage output can be quite immense.

I find that the Shield makes a huge difference. It's basically Engis version of Defy pain but it works on conditions too. Sure it doesn't reduce the dmg to 0 but it's still 50% less which can be a big help.

@BurrTheKing.8571 said:

@Vagrant.7206 said:I tried something similar to this around PoF's launch (elixir S instead of spectrum shield, rest was virtually identical). The problem I experienced with it is that it simply does not have enough tankiness to stand a fight against SB or Scourge, and without rocket boots, you have no avenue of escape. SB will trample you and laugh all the way home.

I find that the Shield makes a huge difference. It's basically Engis version of Defy pain but it works on conditions too. Sure it doesn't reduce the dmg to 0 but it's still 50% less which can be a big help.

The problem with Spectrum Shield is that it lasts 3 seconds. Even assuming you have 50% heat at all times (a big assumption), that 50% DR is only useful if you anticipate some really big swings, and even then, it can still really hurt. If a thief/war crits you for 12k damage, 50% is still 6k damage, a huge chunk of health. Whereas warriors' defy pain + endure pain can last about 5 seconds, and is complete damage immunity.

If you're worried about damage mitigation, HLA's protection (33% DR) is more worthwhile because it's more reliable (and benefits allies). If you want a stunbreak, Elixir S will serve better because it's complete damage mitigation. For spectrum shield to be worth it, it needs to last significantly longer (IE 6 seconds) to make up for the 50% DR.

@Vagrant.7206 said:

@BurrTheKing.8571 said:

The problem with Spectrum Shield is that it lasts 3 seconds. Even assuming you have 50% heat at all times (a big assumption), that 50% DR is only useful if you anticipate some really big swings, and even then, it can still really hurt. If a thief/war crits you for 12k damage, 50% is still 6k damage, a huge chunk of health. Whereas warriors' defy pain + endure pain can last about 5 seconds, and is complete damage immunity.

If you're worried about damage mitigation, HLA's protection (33% DR) is more worthwhile because it's more reliable (and benefits allies). If you want a stunbreak, Elixir S will serve better because it's complete damage mitigation. For spectrum shield to be worth it, it needs to last significantly longer (IE 6 seconds) to make up for the 50% DR.

The shield will only have a 15 seconds CD most of the time however , which is pretty good uptime. It's also a stun break and allows you to continue contesting the point. It seems like the majority of the time Elixir S is just a death sentence if you have condis on you anyways. Or everyone just dog piles on you as soon as it ends.

For sure this build isn't as tanky as a Spellbreaker, but this offers more team support and does more damage.

I like the heal because of the frost aura. That combined with the shock aura on your elite and shield 5 you cycle through different ways to punish people for hitting you.

Archived