GW2 Hook and FPS

As @OGDeadHead.8326 noted, it will have an impact on performance. Whether or not you notice it will depend on the particular settings, your machine, what zone you're in, etc.The "statistics" tab of GW2Hook shows the amount of time being spent on each filter so you can see which ones are taking the longest times. Then you can modify your settings to get an acceptable compromise between effects and performance.Also remember that there are [at least] a couple settings that can be done in both the game, and GW2Hook, and you probably don't need both (in-game: Antialiasing, Postprocessing).

@Frostwolve.2916 said:15 Or even 25 fps is really low. Might think about saving up for some upgrades or a new machine.

I'm thinking 200 to 300 for an entry level AMD in the New generation.

The clock speed would be lower however my CPU cost about the same then in 2013

Now to just talk my wife into not spending money.

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:Thank you, I'll probably just uninstall it

I'd try to take some time and tweak settings before uninstalling it, there are many ways to improve the way GW2 looks through GW2 Hook, and I wouldn't want to run the game without it. My advice would be to disable all effects first, then enable and tweak one at a time, to see what you like, and to see what, if any, performance impact that particular setting has.

Vanilla GW2 looks bland in comparison with what can be done with this utility.

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:Roughly right before PoF dropped I down loaded GW2Hook and noticed I average 15 FPS, is this overlay killing my FPS? Prior to doing this I was averaging between 25 to 30 in the Open World.

GW2 Hook utilizes Reshade to add additional Graphical processing to the game. As such, GW2 Hook can have a notable impact on performance and frame rate depending on which effects are enabled.

@Llethander.3972 said:

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:Roughly right before PoF dropped I down loaded GW2Hook and noticed I average 15 FPS, is this overlay killing my FPS? Prior to doing this I was averaging between 25 to 30 in the Open World.

GW2 Hook utilizes Reshade to add additional Graphical processing to the game. As such, GW2 Hook can have a notable impact on performance and frame rate depending on which effects are enabled.

I found a preset where I'm sitting at 22 to 23 FPS, which is fine, zergs always turn into a slide show no matter what your settings are.

Some day I'll upgrade my Rig, lol maybe I can sell my Central Air Unit since the coolant pipes have a leak and it was cheaper to buy window units to fix the problem.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived