Just A Fun New Mesmer Elite Specialization

Tseison.4659

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to take a shot at creating an elite specialization. By no means do I think it will make it to the 3rd expansion and I just wanted to do this for the sake of having fun and wishful thinking (just like every other conceptual thread on here).

This elite specialization does not have a name as that can be up for discussion. Cooldowns also aren’t mentioned because I know balancing is done/seen differently so I left that to be open for discussion as well. The traits I haven’t thought of because again, balancing is done/seen differently so I left that to be open for discussion as well. Overall the focus in this thread will just be the weapon of choice, skills and elite to go along with it.

Overload (Just as what Elementalist have but slightly different, additionally, animation resembles that of the Tailored Victory Elite for Weavers)damage/effects increase depending on how many illusions you have.

Overload Mindwrack: Deals heavy damage and inflicts vulnerability.Overload Cry of Frustration: Damages and inflicts stacks of confusion and torment in a large radius around you and grants you chaos armour.Overload Diversion: Damages and causes daze in a large radius around you.Overload Distortion: Gain distortion and inflict weakness to nearby enemies.

New Main-Hand; FocusWorks really well with the "Wardens Feedback" trait especially with Skills 2 & 3.

Skill 1: Fire an orb of energy that damages > fire another orb that deals increased damage > fire a massive orb that deals a large amount of damage and summons an illusion that casts skill 1.

Skill 2: Channelled beam for 5sec, the damage increases over time and causes vulnerability.

Skill 3: Throws an orb at a targeted area that lingers and pulses blind for 3 seconds; detonate to trigger damage and confusion.

Utilities - Trick

Utility 1: Illusion of weakness: You lose health and gain that amount as a barrier. When the effect ends or the barrier is destroyed, you get the health back.Utility 2: Illusory Elegance: Leap off your enemy, dazing them, evading backwards and summoning 2 illusions. Breaks stun.Utility 3: Mirror Ward: Tear a line in reality for 5sec, foes that cross into it will end up going backwards to their original spot. Allies that run through it will gain stability and protection.Utility 4: Conjure Visage: You become an illusionary copy of your enemy for X sec, gain resistance and the damage you receive from them is reduced. Whenever they gain boons, you gain them as well.

EliteCollapse Reality: (Same channel time & animation effect as Mass Invisibility) Channel and then causes nearby enemies to be placed in an alternate reality for 6sec, during this time, they are constantly inflicted with confusion and have their boons converted to conditions. Upon ending, they are dealt damage.

@Fractured.3928 said:The Focus would be main hand? That would be a first wouldn't it?

Also, none of the abilities have a phantasm effect, so I disapprove! I love me Phantasm's. And the skills sound...not that exciting.

Collapse Reality sounds like it would look cool.

The Off hands would be the ones with Phantasms. It's essentially saying, why doesn't sword have a phantasm? The Focus main-hand would be new and unique and it still summons an illusion for those who like playing with them.

None of the mesmer skills we currently have are that exciting compared to what other classes get, which is disappointing and I didn't want to focus on too many flashy skills and more just utility/defensive ones. But regardless like I said, it's just a fun concept and everyone's entitled to posting their ideas, even if they're 'boring'. None of our stuff is gonna make it live anyways.

@Tseison.4659 said:

@Fractured.3928 said:The Focus would be main hand? That would be a first wouldn't it?

Also, none of the abilities have a phantasm effect, so I disapprove! I love me Phantasm's. And the skills sound...not that exciting.

The Off hands would be the ones with Phantasms. It's essentially saying, why doesn't sword have a phantasm? The Focus main-hand would be new and unique and it still summons an illusion for those who like playing with them.

None of the mesmer skills we currently have are that exciting compared to what other classes get, which is disappointing and I didn't want to focus on too many flashy skills and more just utility/defensive ones. But regardless like I said, it's just a fun concept and everyone's entitled to posting their ideas, even if they're 'boring'. None of our stuff is gonna make it live anyways.

EDIT: I meant illusion, clone or phantasm. My bad.

But...sword does have one? Every single weapon on Mesmer has an illusion. And none of the abilities summon an illusion that you've listed, that's why I bring it up.

Also, I think Mesmer has plenty of exciting things. I love OH Pistol, and Greatsword. Twirling maniacs, double twirling maniacs if you're Chrono is a blast imo.

@Fractured.3928 said:

EDIT: I meant illusion, clone or phantasm. My bad.

But...sword does have one? Every single weapon on Mesmer has an illusion. And none of the abilities summon an illusion that you've listed, that's why I bring it up.

Also, I think Mesmer has plenty of exciting things. I love OH Pistol, and Greatsword. Twirling maniacs, double twirling maniacs if you're Chrono is a blast imo.

Ahhh!, forgot to add that for the skill 1; but yeah essentially I wanted this weapon and spec to be more power-focused especially with the shatters getting the overload effect and then utilities being just that, with the exception of the elite being condition/power focused.

In terms of 'exciting' Mesmer skills; I think the only one off the top of my head that I like is the Axe skills. I think utilities and weapon skills need a bit more ethereal like energy, butterflies etc..

• 5 weeks later...