Best simple build for each profession?

handicappergeneral.4316

I'm not sure which forum this belongs in, if not maybe each profession forum.

I'll try to be brief but informative. I've seen a lot of similar threads, but can't find one to this degree.

I'm looking to play EACH profession (if not spec) in a way that minimizes effort as much as possible. I have a few ortho issues with my hands.

I will often:-stand in AOE a few seconds before realizing I need to move.-forget to dodge.-mishit keys.

So twitchy and piano is not for me.

However I don't mind kiting. I enjoy playing Bomb Engi and simply just holding down a couple of keys and running in circles while pressing 1 repeatedly.

For some profs, this isn't a big deal (MM Necro/Reaper/Scourge, BearBow, P/P Thief to an extent), but others I have a ton of trouble (Warrior (both specs), Ele, Mesmer, Guardian) even using Metabattle.

I generally play solo to blow off steam for fun and the "story", so Open World is the idea with the hardest being the HPs. No Fractals, or Dungeons, or such.

I do not mind "slow". I read often that the MM Necro is slow, but the pace is more than fine for me.

For GW1 players, I loved Paragon. Setting up the hero team to do damage and spamming TNTF and SYG/SY just to add something but going along for the ride was ideal. That's not feasible here.

I immensely prefer passive over active (part of the issue with Guardian for me) and am happy letting the game "play itself" so to speak since I'm so bad at active anything.

Obviously I'm not looking to DPS/Burst things as quickly as possible (yes, I know the best way to avoid damage is for things to die quickly so they can't hit you), but more quick enough to hit time limits, but with a high % of not dying.

Thanks!

Edited by handicappergeneral.4316

I’ll comment on Ranger since it is the class I am most familiar with.

SB3 (Shortbow/Shortbow Soulbeast) is a build infamous for how incredibly easy to play it is while also doing being able to do near meta damage in a raid environment. It is a condition build that revolves around basically just hitting abilities off cooldown and weapon swapping. The entire build is ranger only except for the trap you take for your utility and your sigils that proc on weapon swap. I can provide a build link once I get up.

There’s also a variation of this build which is even easier that is instead 100% ranged and is a power/hybrid build where you instead use one Shortbow and replace Wilderness Survival with Beastmastery.

One comment to take though is that this build is usually tuned for raids and such, but it’s still incredibly easy. Almost everything can be done on the move. Only downside to having a full ranger build though are the times when a mob has projectile reflect, which can easily be resolved by using a dagger and torch in the 2nd weapon set for those cases.