D/D Elementalist- A Fun Fight /w Drunk Commentary #1

Noble.2670

Well played as best as core d.d ele can. Image if the Scourage trait his f2 skill properly, he would have a 4 boon corruption ever 6.5 seconds at disposal on one skill not including 3 other burst 2-3 corruptions on other skills ever 20 second. Let say your an 8 and he's a 3 with a bad build. If he was a 6 and was using Scourage meta that video would not look so nice. As glass you'd go puff. Is that Scourage guy running his on theory crafting? Please pm him and tell that player condi build with zero boon corruption is like telling a Pro D/P thief to only play main hand sword with no off hand, no using steal and no dodges.

Most important arcane tree mid, mid and top. Equip sigil of energy* is a must and sigil of cleanse/ or another random. Looks like fire and water. old school meta from 2013. Well played by not the core d/d ele in 2012 it was 10 earth 30 water and 30 arcane. The old stat system was different. You can mix 70 points and use up to 4 trees in skill branch but not max. The game was more power driven, condi was strong but not as abusive as now. Now its just unload the condis or spam boon corruptions following condi burst. Condi was like a painter in a sustain fight if you can't kill him in few minutes and your still in his face you die. Player had to clear and run away and than re-enter the fray. Now it's like spamming DOT like pepper someone in COD and that cc spam to make the guy bleed out. I'm talking about Call of Duty 1 aka 2003.

@Shooka.9712 said:lol this vid xDcan you share the build ? I've seen ur last build vid but its 3 (?) months old or so.Things have kind of changed since then, how does it look now ?

i still run exactly the same build as in the video! o except, i now run battle sigil instead of bloodlust or doom, as i prefer the might stacking nowdays!

@cursE.1794 said:Maybe I'm just getting old but the language in this video bothers me. Not trying to be the spanish inquisition, a curse word here and there is part of the regular language, but if every second sentence contains f*** the cringe becomes overwhelming.

He’s from the south, a lot talk like that, it’s just the way they were raised.

The build is really showing it can’t keep up with the current trends in WvW from this video.

@apharma.3741 said:

@cursE.1794 said:Maybe I'm just getting old but the language in this video bothers me. Not trying to be the spanish inquisition, a curse word here and there is part of the regular language, but if every second sentence contains f*** the cringe becomes overwhelming.

The build is really showing it can’t keep up with the current trends in WvW from this video.

@apharma.3741 said:

I'm actually from the north in the UK, and I grew up in the midlands! I just have a weird mixed accent because I used to travel a lot when I was younger!

I'd say the build is fine mostly, condition scourge is just an obvious counter to my build, and it's harder to counter play then reaper was in HoT, so they make life a little harder, but I still feel comfortable in 99% of fights! And I have no massive issues with any other meta build in WvW currently!

Everything has counters, I'm ok with that :D

@Noble.2670 said:

@apharma.3741 said:

@apharma.3741 said:

I'm actually from the north in the UK, and I grew up in the midlands! I just have a weird mixed accent because I used to travel a lot when I was younger!

I'd say the build is fine mostly, condition scourge is just an obvious counter to my build, and it's harder to counter play then reaper was in HoT, so they make life a little harder, but I still feel comfortable in 99% of fights! And I have no massive issues with any other meta build in WvW currently!

Everything has counters, I'm ok with that :D

Wow you definitely don’t sound northern, I have the same issue, from Yorkshire but only a slight accent.

Yeah scourge is definitely hard for this build, would think that you’d find decent spellbreakers a bit tough but maybe not.

@apharma.3741 said:

LOL, the south as in the states? I live in Arkansas , and I wasn't raised cussing..

@daynay.1089 said:

@apharma.3741 said:

LOL, the south as in the states? I live in Arkansas , and I wasn't raised cussing..

Er....he’s British, quite unmistakably so.

Archived