Advertise/Talk About GW2 on Facebook/Social Media advertisements for other MMO/Online/Mobile Games

Hey guys,

Wooden Potatoes had some cool video competition about creating videos to help build the community. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how well that approach is going to work since the people who are likely to watch those videos are probably looking for GW2 content. I have no video editing skill but I do have a Facebook feed that is non-stop shoving random games down my throat. Whenever I can I try to start a discussion on those other games letting people know GW2 is a great F2P game with a low-cost investment if people like it. Sometimes it causes a shitstorm in the comments but other times I get people who are happy to see GW2 is free. I really don't think enough people know about the game; those that do may have misconceptions about the game from previous trials or misinformation. Help spread the word on social media when you see an opportunity. GW2 doesn't seem to have a heavy advertising budget so by engaging people who are targeted by other games (meaning they, too, are probably gamers knowing that FB algorithms target individual interests) then we can already engage GW2s target audience. Perhaps we can share videos entered into WPs content with gamers targeted by the other game advertisements.

One video I like sharing (even though it's pre-PoF content) is this:

Anyways, just thought I'd toss the idea out there to see if anyone else is willing to engage in word-of-mouth advertising on competitors advertisements ;)

Archived