what content to play with mounts?

Zackie.8923

more mount skins are great and all even though the marketing is a bit distasteful.

but the bigger question is , what content is there to play with mounts? seems like only bounties use them well? most people would have finished map explore by now. what else is there to use mounts for? can we have new content that focus on mounts? like allow SW trains to run chests with mounts without dismounting them when they loot chests...

They're for flavor and for the story. The people of the Crystal Desert have mounts integrated into their daily lives, so it just feels natural for us to also have these mounts after helping all of them out.But there's also some mount puzzles, if you want to try those. I personally just like using mounts to get to places faster or to explore places that I couldn't/were hard to explore before, like the very tops of some buildings. And then dismount and start dancing.Everything's just flavor if you've already exhausted all of their practical possibilities. The rest is up to you and your imagination :)

@Zackie.8923 said:more mount skins are great and all even though the marketing is a bit distasteful.

but the bigger question is , what content is there to play with mounts? seems like only bounties use them well? most people would have finished map explore by now. what else is there to use mounts for? can we have new content that focus on mounts? like allow SW trains to run chests with mounts without dismounting them when they loot chests...

Please, no F usage mounted. Banks and BL Traders would become nasty. The last thing we need in GW2 is the attitude that thinks you are entitled to play the entire game with a mount glued to your posterior, as with other MMOs. The fact that F use dismounts you is a good implementation.

@Teofa Tsavo.9863 said:

@Zackie.8923 said:more mount skins are great and all even though the marketing is a bit distasteful.

Please, no F usage mounted. Banks and BL Traders would become nasty. The last thing we need in GW2 is the attitude that thinks you are entitled to play the entire game with a mount glued to your posterior, as with other MMOs. The fact that F use dismounts you is a good implementation.

Considering we already have Norns and Charr with big Rucksacks on their backs blocking vision, I don't think these people with their posterior on a mount would make much difference... Besides, you just need to approach the NPC and press F anyway.

Anyway, I don't care if they implement that or not. But I won't be annoyed if they do.

Archived