Please stop overlapping Hablion and jades/UG

DJZephyr.4921

So, doin' my daily run thru Bloodstone Fen, and it happened. AGAIN. Right as the pre-event finished and Hablion entered the stage, the jades started teleporting into the Maw. We rushed to get Hab down, but by the time he dropped, there wasn't enough time to kill the first jade construct. During prime time, you can usually count on enough people being present for both, and you can tag a jade and go back to Hablion (or tag the pre and go back to jades so you know when Hab comes up). But that wasn't the case today.

Could Anet PLEASE figure out a way to stop these events from overlapping? It happens a lot, and is rather frustrating, having one big event pop up while another is in progress on the same map. Also, nobody ever just lets the pre-event sit until the Unbound Guardian is done. It'd be nice if this weren't a problem at all.

• ArenaNet Staff

I find that Thereon is right -- Ol' Hab shows up a lot, so I just wing it for a few minutes -- I mean wint it literally -- collecting Unbound Magic. Or I harvest for a couple, and sure enough, the "He's heeeeerrree" message appears. Give it a thought or a try, and see if you find that sorts it out for you. I'm happy to ask the designers about this, but I really think the system has built-in functionality that addresses the event/spawn concerns.

Part of this could probably be solved by better/map-wide visibility of the "big" events (Hablion, Jade Constructs/Unbound Guardian). Right now, you only see that Hablion is up when you're sufficiently high up in the air (uppermost map layer), and - apart from the initial announcement - you only see that the Jade Construct chain is up once you drop sufficiently deep into the crater (lowest map layer).

@DJZephyr.4921 said:Also, nobody ever just lets the pre-event sit until the Unbound Guardian is done.This is super frustrating. Even when people ask in map chat, I've never seen anyone let the pre-event sit. But as frustrating as this is, I don't think Arena should do something about it.

@DJZephyr.4921 said:Right as the pre-event finished and Hablion entered the stage, the jades started teleporting into the Maw.This, though, should be fixed, IMO. The start of the Jade event chain should be delayed when Hablion is up or his pre-event is almost done.

Archived