Enough Eyesore...

Phaedryn.3698

We are well past the time where a game option to turn everything to default skins/color is available. Between glowy armor dyes, massed particle effects, neon mounts, massive terrain blocking glider skins, I am about ready to call it quits. We need an option to return the graphic state of this game to a sane level.

I'd be ok if we could turn off mount and glider skins, and just replace them with the appropriately coloured default skin, but i wouldn't want to turn off character skins. I like looking at other people's characters, their armor combinations and skins. It should be an option though, but as i said in another thread (which i won't go into detail here), it's probably not going to happen.

You can replace other player character's models by generic placeholders. This doesn't replace weapons, backpacks, mounts or gliders, but armors and appearance are replaced (even gender is hidden).

You can do that by accessing the in-game Options menu (F11), choosing the "Graphics Option" tab, and then setting the "Character Model Quality" to "Lowest". It won't change how your own character or NPCs are displayed, only other PCs.

There's another topic asking to expand the same feature so it includes mounts, gliders and hopefully weapons and backpacks.

Archived