Ranger/ Druid greatsword skill 3 is not working properly.

Siesta.3867

Hi,

I have been having this issue for more than a year now.

My GS skill 3 (swoop) only moves forward somewhere around 400-600 range (swoop should move players 1000 range forward with a leap and a jump, however it only gives me the initial leap, the following up jump never works.. because the jump only moves you 50-100 range forward at most...)

It is supposed to be a skill that has 100 range further than thief's SB skill 5 infiltrator's arrow (900 range)However my swoop is only half of its (infiltrator's arrow) range when I compared it with my thief friend.

I am not quite sure if it is just me or it is a game wide problem.

Anyway I hope this gets fixed soon!!!

OK, just jumped on my ranger and used TaCO (for the range marker rings) along with my staff (for marking and confirming the 1200 range baseline, then used the greatsword swoop aaaaaaand:

It seemed to hit the 1000 range consistently. I did pull it a little short when in action cam mode because my view was angled someone down in front of me and that seemed to affect it slightly, but other than that I don't think I came in short on the 1000 mark more than that.

@PookieDaWombat.6209 said:I haven't tested this lately, but I'll give it a go and see if I have a similar issue to the one you're describing. By chance, are you running with the action camera enabled?

Hi,no, I don't use action mode.and how come you hit 1000range...I only get the same range as guardian gs 3 skill

I just tried like a few hundred more times..I think my description is a little bit wrong there

my problem is the swoop only gives leap, the following up jumping distance is completely gone (but not the finishing jump action)so its always leap-jump at the same spot where my leap ends.so only 400-500 range from the leap.

@Siesta.3867 said:

@PookieDaWombat.6209 said:I haven't tested this lately, but I'll give it a go and see if I have a similar issue to the one you're describing. By chance, are you running with the action camera enabled?

Hi,no, I don't use action mode.and how come you hit 1000range...I only get the same range as guardian gs 3 skill

Not sure how you're measuring your success, but I was able to get to the 1000 mark in my tests. Not sure if you're having a latency issue or what, but maybe its an account specific thing you're experiencing.

@PookieDaWombat.6209 said:

@Siesta.3867 said:

Not sure how you're measuring your success, but I was able to get to the 1000 mark in my tests. Not sure if you're having a latency issue or what, but maybe its an account specific thing you're experiencing.

I guess so.I compared with guardian gs 3, 600range which is the same distance as my swoop gives me when I click it while runningif stand steal it only has 400-500 range kind of half of thief's shortbow 5 infiltrators arrow, 900 range (I compared it in both stand steal and running situations)I also compared with other rangers they aren't getting 1k range either... but 200 range further than my swoop tho.I guess its like our warhorn skill 4 it says 1.5k range but its only 1.2k actually

@Xanderis.2369 said:Run and leap at your foe, hitting them and nearby foes.

Damage.png Damage: 403 (1.0)?Number of targets.png Number of Targets: 3Duration.png Evasion Duration While Swinging: ½sCombo.png Combo Finisher: LeapRange.png Range: 1,000

There is no jump to it..

there is no jump in the description.but if you look at your character it jumps...... leap first then a follow up jump (forward) combine both distances together the swoop gives 1k range in total but my follow up jump doesn't work anymore its been over a year

or swing? leap then swing theres no swinging distance for me

However when I run downward from hills and spam space bar to jump up with swoop together it travels 1k range like its supposed to.But there is 1second of stuck in the air in between leap and jump/swing forward.

the stuck in the air is not caused by lag.
cos it only happens when I run down and spam jump up+ swoop together.on flat ground jump up + swoop wont get me stuck in the air

@OGDeadHead.8326 said:@OP: Any chance you could cap a short clip of this issue? Also, tried stripping all gear from your character, and even try with different greatswords?

I just showed some players the jump+ swoop "trick" and they were like whaatt... how did you travel so far but its only 1k range as its supposed to

then we found a npc and stood 1k range away none of our swoops moved 1k range. but mine got the shortest distance :'(

(the redline under your skill icon shows weather your skill is within the range. find 1 npc or object then stay out of range and move slowly you can find the exact 1k range)

I dunno how to upload videos tho... yes I tried with different gss all similar at most 100 range difference

Archived