Best profession and build for zerg with high ping? (250+ ping)

Joshewwah.2956

Whats the best profession that can contribute to a zerg with very high ping? Currently I've struggled with most roaming builds, and anything that uses melee weapons. When I use melee weapons, I seem to always die easily, and I can't easily reach my opponents (they are always running away fast, or dashing away). Dodging is almost impossible because of my latency, and I'd have to be a psychic to be able to function on the same level as people with low ping. Essentially I'm putting in more effort than others for the same results.

So for those with high ping, what do you play in WvW?

well for starters, melee classes require more skill than range classes because you are required to be 130 units minimum from your enemy to do damage, combined that with lag melee is the least option you should be looking at. Go guard Dragon hunter with longbow or necro with power, thoughness and vitality and melandru runes for zerg fights.

As for roaming, I would not encourage any melee class, go for the range classes and the high mobility mezmer, thief, ranger and engineer.

I play with 250+ ping. Don't have much trouble playing most melee classes except thieves and sometimes power mesmer. Holosmith is my roaming main and spellbreaker (in full zerker sometimes) is my blobbing main. And yea, you have to be psychic to dodge a lot of attacks. Though I wouldn't call dodging impossible, but there are times when I clearly dodged on time but still got hit. I rarely go full zerker, since I can't rely on dodging with my ping. But if you play long enough, and know enough of the other classes, you can kind of foresee what people's going to do. (i.e. when thieves get within a certain range, you know for dang sure that they're going to start stealing to you)

But if you want an easy mode way, just make a condi class that can kite anyone to death

I have never felt gw2 under 220 ping... But it is one of the most combat fluid game at this ping.

heres my gameplay on a 322 average ping shown at 3:23-3:25i'm always having a hard time on roaming, soloing, dueling and on PvP but it doesn't mean i can't beat people solo even on a handicapyou don't have to be psychic on a zerg fight, you just hop on to VOIP and let the commander do the psychic thing for you cuz he has the lower ping

Archived