How to beat scourge; easy

Arkantos.7460

High dps on range with 25 mightstacks and all extra %dps stuffhttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAS8nn3guNSuQ7JRboVlsP0rS4IaWJ4EdskFNFyugJshtDIARgdMrpNA-jZxHQBK7iActyAib/BAcEAY4DAAAI play gw2 since beta times mostly tpvp and rev since HoT.If you dont wanna be completely useless on range try it! Its also nice for any kind of chasing and excaping ones ;)And if your team is not complete incompetent on focusing , the scourge will fall very fast, just be sure to have shiro on switch rdy for escaping.

Have fun

Give this a shothttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAscin3guNSuQ7JRboVlsP0rS4IaWJ4EdskFNFyegJshsjZNxpdABoBA-jphRABlfEAgtMw3HCgufAAjeCAAY/BABeen having a lot of success with this build, crazy damage and decent survivabilty.

Since the changes OH sword has far better burst then axe and is amazing with power builds, sword 4 also stacks sword trait damage in one key press.

I can't see the reasoning behind song of the mists over rolling mists; the damage loss over even one attack not critting is greater than the damage done by song. If you are invoking assasin in the middle of 5 people to get max quickness, you are either about to die, or just escape and not really utilize the quickness anyway. Rolling mists is just way better damage in every circumstance.

With swift termination, you can almost finish someone off with just a sword 4 and 5 if they are at half health, it's a huge damage modifier that also helps you wipe downed people in like a second.

Radiant revival can heal you from nearly dead to full hp if used at the right time, on top of making you better at reviving allies Which you'll do a lot of in sPvP.

With sigil of exploitation, against targets with less than 50% hp you have its 5% damage buff, swift terminaions 20%, ferocious aggresion 7%, targeted destrucion 7%, vicious laceration 10%, at least another 6% from elders force, and another 7% from forceful persistance (with impossible odds turned on.) With this combined 62% damage increase, you can kill a downed person in less than a second by just turning on shiro quickness and autoing.

Sigil of fallability for hammer gives you on hit vulnerability so you can trigger the 7% damage increase on vulnerable foes from a distance with hammer.

I'd recommend all revenants give Rune of melandru a try, the -25% condition duration helps make up for your lack of condi cleanse and the other tank stats make you feel less delicate. I think you have plenty of damage already so you don't need a damage rune.

@Flauvious.6195 said:Give this a shothttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAscin3guNSuQ7JRboVlsP0rS4IaWJ4EdskFNFyegJshsjZNxpdABoBA-jphRABlfEAgtMw3HCgufAAjeCAAY/BABeen having a lot of success with this build, crazy damage and decent survivabilty.

Since the changes OH sword has far better burst then axe and is amazing with power builds, sword 4 also stacks sword trait damage in one key press.

I can't see the reasoning behind song of the mists over rolling mists; the damage loss over even one attack not critting is greater than the damage done by song. If you are invoking assasin in the middle of 5 people to get max quickness, you are either about to die, or just escape and not really utilize the quickness anyway. Rolling mists is just way better damage in every circumstance.

With swift termination, you can almost finish someone off with just a sword 4 and 5 if they are at half health, it's a huge damage modifier that also helps you wipe downed people in like a second.

Radiant revival can heal you from nearly dead to full hp if used at the right time, on top of making you better at reviving allies Which you'll do a lot of in sPvP.

With sigil of exploitation, against targets with less than 50% hp you have its 5% damage buff, swift terminaions 20%, ferocious aggresion 7%, targeted destrucion 7%, vicious laceration 10%, at least another 6% from elders force, and another 7% from forceful persistance (with impossible odds turned on.) With this combined 62% damage increase, you can kill a downed person in less than a second by just turning on shiro quickness and autoing.

Sigil of fallability for hammer gives you on hit vulnerability so you can trigger the 7% damage increase on vulnerable foes from a distance with hammer.

I'd recommend all revenants give Rune of melandru a try, the -25% condition duration helps make up for your lack of condi cleanse and the other tank stats make you feel less delicate. I think you have plenty of damage already so you don't need a damage rune.

The double sword needs you stay melee and you have no cc .... axe is far better longer port and a range cc and lower cds, I cant say how often i miss sword5 because get block/evade/blindSong of mist gives you extra dps since equilibrium is away, and i already have 74% crit chance ... so no need to invest in etra critchance and the SotM is critting

It's pretty easy to just straight up explode a scourge with an amped up staff + sw/sw combo now... Even in Marauder/Leadership runes.

I dunno, while it is super hilarious to kill a scourge from 1200, the entire time you're poking at them you're still conceding the point, and there's nothing to stop them from just backing off and then coming back and shade bombing the point when you try to cap it. Plus you're losing a lot of your disengaging power and almost all of your stalling power by not taking staff. Usually I'll take a shot at killing the scourge, and if it failed and they counter corrupt-bombed me, I'll just disengage, eat the condi's with facet of light, and go decap far or gank the fight at home and then come back... A lot of times, even if you didn't kill the scourge, you'll have drawn their focus and forced them to play defensive for long enough that your team has already obliterated theirs.

But, if you're having fun with hammer, go for it, that's what it's all about! Just make sure to hide it from your team before the game starts so they don't start out tilted and vomiting salt.

@narcx.3570 said:It's pretty easy to just straight up explode a scourge with an amped up staff + sw/sw combo now... Even in Marauder/Leadership runes.

I dunno, while it is super hilarious to kill a scourge from 1200, the entire time you're poking at them you're still conceding the point, and there's nothing to stop them from just backing off and then coming back and shade bombing the point when you try to cap it. Plus you're losing a lot of your disengaging power and almost all of your stalling power by not taking staff. Usually I'll take a shot at killing the scourge, and if it failed and they counter corrupt-bombed me, I'll just disengage, eat the condi's with facet of light, and go decap far or gank the fight at home and then come back... A lot of times, even if you didn't kill the scourge, you'll have drawn their focus and forced them to play defensive for long enough that your team has already obliterated theirs.

But, if you're having fun with hammer, go for it, that's what it's all about! Just make sure to hide it from your team before the game starts so they don't start out tilted and vomiting salt.

tell me more about new sw+staff combo

@Arkantos.7460 said:

@narcx.3570 said:It's pretty easy to just straight up explode a scourge with an amped up staff + sw/sw combo now... Even in Marauder/Leadership runes.

tell me more about new sw+staff combo

Nothing too set in stone, it's just powering 25 stacks of might with IR and then linking SoTM+Sw 2/4/5 in really whatever order you think will work best in that situation. It helps to flash Impossible Odds before your offhand sword moves to give them less opportunity to dodge the slow and obvious casts. If you're opening with sword 5, it gives you fury, so you can start with only 20 stacks of might, but they'll probably dodge the 2nd hit, and you'll have to swap to staff if you wanna use SotM, which will effectively end your sword mayhem for 10 seconds.

You just wanna do as much damage as possible before your might gets corrupted, then disengage and do it again.

@Arkantos.7460 said:

The double sword needs you stay melee and you have no cc .... axe is far better longer port and a range cc and lower cds, I cant say how often i miss sword5 because get block/evade/blindSong of mist gives you extra dps since equilibrium is away, and i already have 74% crit chance ... so no need to invest in etra critchance and the SotM is critting

I mean 74% crit chance isn't that much, 1/4 of all of your strikes are not critting. Song of the mist does not do as much damage as equilibrium did and is a 9 second cd. Looking at the damage of my skills, when switching to assassin stance sotm does 323 damage; preparation thrust, the first hit of sword auto chain, does 702 damage, a little more than double sotm. Say you have enough ferocity for 200% crit damage, a sotm crit does 969 damage and a sword auto does 2106 damage. The difference between the sword crit and non crit it 2106-702 = 1404.

By not critting even once, on one of your lowest damage attacks, you lose 1404 - 969 = 435 damage compared to the sotm strike. The difference is only more dramatic for harder hitting abilities not critting, and after multiple hits not critting due to only 74% crit chance it's a huge loss of damage. Also sotm is completley useless if you are using hammer at range. The swap to herald damage is pitiful with no condi so I'll just skip that.

Sword 5 is clunky yea, but it lands pretty reliably with practice. This post is about fighting scourges anyway, who rely on huge hp pool and barrier, not blocks/evades to survive. Sword does have chill, slow, and immobilize, so only soft cc, but it doesn't have none. As for the sword needing you to stay melee and has no range.... Why does that matter? Why are you fighting at range with your melee weapons? That's what hammer is for. And while you're on hammer, not critting with a max range hammer 2 due to only 74% crit chance is a massive loss.

The benefit of axe is that it has harder cc and a longer range blink, but sword does far more damage, allowing you to burst down a scourge in one rotation.

Archived