D/D Ele? Still viable as a solo roamer

killahmayne.9518

For solo roaming I have a lot of success with d/d ele. Full celestial armor, marauder weapons, and varying trinkets depending on situations. (Often full celestial)

I managed a 1(2)v3 a few days ago against a condi mes, tempest and necro. To be fair, I had a thief with me, and we got the necro low, but when he saw the other two approach, he ran. I finished necro and 1v2 the other two. Thief came back just in time to stomp mes. Basically, you can put out some acceptable pressure, while sustaining really well. Truly, the build is weak against multiple thief gank squads. I can often get away, but some of them keep chasing and if I don''t quickly teleport back to base, I can't get away and eventually get downed. A good thief shouldn't die to d/d cele. But that won't stop you from killing many thieves you encounter.

If you don't want to play d/d, s/f fresh air) is an even stronger build for dueling. Although, I never had more success than I did with d/d cele. Cele bulds is excellent at killing a bunch of "zerglings" that have wandered off; or longer 1v1 fights, where it wins by attrition and a few surprise bursts. It can also sustain outnumber situations really well and can escape everything except a good thief.

Another build that is quite silly, and not as good, but still fun for roaming is condi ele. You have a lot of matchups where you have a strong advantage. But you don't handle outnumber situations as well. (or at least not with my condi ele build using arcane power/signets) Condi ele is the easiest to play, and will sometimes feel a bit like the single target version of burn guardian. It's not all single target in fact, but it doesn't have that area denial presence of a guardian.

Archived