Slippery Condi Daredevil Build PvE/PvP/WvW

Kirochique.9186

Hey all, I've been using this build in all game types with great success.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAoYVn8lCFOh9OBWOBkmiFqiy7CShtrLCCgGYO77+wH-jpRAQBh8QAAgHAgHPBAe4IA0j9HmYZAA

There are a few variations to this build but this version is best for survivability, like add Caltrops instead of infiltrators signet for HEAVY bleed damage and switch amulet to Deadshot for more condi damage. You can also use Shadowstep instead of infiltrators signet if you are good with the skill, but it has a long cool down and too many uses, where infiltrators signet has one job (Keep on top of target)

For WvW and PvE, Use Superior sigil of Stamina as you gain perma endurance as long as bodies are dropping from your bleeds

For PvP situations:The way it works is to keep up your dodges and 3 skill as this puts pressure on your target and keeps them distracted, if they attempt to flee you use your steal or infiltrators skills to keep on your target. These 2 skills are your friend when fighting multiple players, as you can port to another target and recover if you are in a sticky situation.You heal every time you use initiative and the heal skill you have works great because your target is very distracted so the cast time won't be a problem.Any of the elite skills can be used with the build, I use impact strike just because I am tanky and bleeding a foe to death takes a few seconds longer than I like.Your other 2 utility skill help keep up your dodge and are crucial to the build.This build has been a game winner in 80% of my games and any other build would have lost my team the game. 20% of the time there is a counter build on the other teams homeYou must play as a thief and play sides for this build to work as it can win most 1v1's always engage in combat in 1v1 situations.

This build's counter is other survivability builds, most classes only have so many condi cleanse like 3 or 4 and this build is always pushing out bleeds.

In WvW I've been successful taking out towers and camps solo, and even taken on and won a few solo battles against uncoordinated roaming guilds (1v10's).

I understand it looks like a boring build, but I have a lot of fun killing multiple enemies with little risk and it does take skill to stay alive.

You're better off building around poison than around bleeding. Increase potency, not duration. You don't need Acro if you use DD, use DA instead.

If you re-build this using DA, Trk, DD using poison (rune of Thorns), you'll perform way better than this current build.

I get the whole "slippery" theme, but you also need to be deadly.

I’ve tried specking into poison and have done many build variations, but I found that with those builds you hit once, and if the enemy has half a brain they will Condi clear and now you’re out of luck. With this build you hit once hard with condi’s, they clear the condi’s, you keep hitting with bleeds and stuff, they clear the condi’s, you pack on even more bleeds, now they have no clear and the bleeds keep building. The whole time you’ve been dodging all their attacks and are at 100% health still. They struggle, hitting you with all they’re skills. Now they are downed and you still have all your evades and could easily fight another enemy.This build would be unviable if it couldn’t kill the enemy. It just does it slower and more successfully.

This is my current condi build:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZUQNAqYVn8lCFOhlOBemC0zhFYCz7LsoGRzhwSYLU7PFAKAA-jFiHQBVUJY8OCACU5XAOBAy7QAq/AgHAwL2fQc6DCAgAMzysMnZgZOzZOzZOzKzZOzZOzZOzZOzZWIAFrBA-w

Slippery as meta D/P, tanky as full trailblazer, enough cleanse to survive a condi spike and to counter condi S/D (still don't get why people play that over this) and enough condi spike damage of my own to one shot many targets. For some reason a lot of players still don't know how to deal with a impairing daggers>steal>dodge>choking gas combo.

I never see anyone playing this except the people I give the build to, it has very few counters 1v1 and the ones that do give it trouble (scourge with transfers etc) you can still kill if you're smart about it.

Cool build, I like the escape factor of this. Very slippery. I like the idea of using just choking gas as an interrupt so you don’t have to rely on a off hand pistol of sword.I think the reason you haven’t seen this around is because people like to focus on having a lot of quick access to interrupt but it takes soooo much utility away.

Archived