New 80 Elementalist

brahms.1460

Just finished personal story- started on HOT content to get gliding- I have POF also. Not enough points yet for Tempest. Leveled with Scepter/Dagger by building might(~20-25) and aoeing mostly.Gear is mainly decent berserker- I'm having a problem with survivability with this build- going with fire, arcane, air... in HOT zones...

HOT content is tough with this build/gear.. Though it is fun in open world group content to stack the might..Any ideas ? Don't have tempest yet- Go to staff build?- Start running fractals?

Thnx

One of the main backsides of Elementarists and the main complain of a lot of ele players is that you need the water trait to survive. IF you have all exotic gear I recommend you go for Fire, Water and earth, use cantrips those are very usefull since is a source of condi cleaning and healing, wash the pain away gives you enough hp to survive. You will always have some sort of survival issue untill you learn all there is to know about Eles so dont worry about that now, enjoy the class and the game! my advice would be get all the exotic gear, then start doing fractals for ascended gear and once you get your ascended gear, theres a lot of builds on this forum to check.

If you want to solo HOT content, a good way to do it is to learn how to play the d/d arcane style.A lot of HOT mobs are ranged, so staying away won't help you much. I recommend learning how to LoS and use blinds (sandstorm) and dodge a lot.

Dual dagger (d/d) arcane/water/fire can be very good to solo mobs and you can still build up might with it.Make sure you cycle your attunements to make the most of blast finishers and keep your sustain. Use LoS to make mobs get packed and blast everything with a well timed fire grab or churning earth.

Scepter is not a very good weapon for open world (lacks aoe big time), especially if you face a lot of monsters at once. Would recommend dual dagger Fire / Arcane / Water with Wave and Brilliance. You will build almost as much might as scepter while having more mobility, survivability and aoe.

@brahms.1460 said:Thanks for tips- been wanting to try D/D. The S/D was just meant for 1-80 fast leveling I think... Hey how soon would you recommend going to POF?

take your time, enjoy the game and the story! PoF is only necesary if you plan to play pvp with the new classes. tho I most admit the Mounts are really cool xD

Archived