Recommendations for TP Data in CSV Form?

Does anyone have any suggestions for obtaining trade data in CSV form? My goal is downloading for use in Excel.

For the past few years, I've used GW2TP.com for all my trading data. I stopped using GW2Spidy.com because it wasn't keeping up with API changes, while 'TP' was, notably it was slow to add new items or new item types. 'TP' hasn't added new items since Halloween (and it was slow to get those, too), so I've switched back to Spidy.

I'd like to be less dependent on those sites, since it seems the developers haven't had as much time/interest in keeping them up-to-date. Unfortunately, I'm old school: Excel is my tool of choice and I prefer to be able to work offline, rather than have to sign in to Google apps etc.

The API is in JSON form and, as a spreadsheet program, Excel doesn't come with any tools for importing it. The main data I want is highest-buy|lowest-sell offers. Supply & demand is nice, but not essential. Item names & other details are much easier to find through other sources, so I can live without them, although I do like that Spidy's API has it all.

I probably update prices a few times a day; I want current data, but I don't need frequent updates.

Any suggestions for sites that already offer a CSV via their own API?If there aren't, any recommendations for how to bootstrap my own tool to convert JSON to something Excel can read? Does anyone have something they already use?

Thanks in advance.

@Lyrebon.9715 said:I'm looking for this too. There were a few awhile back but all links seem dead. I'm not good with code either and can only manage basic stuff so a CSV would really help.

Those are the CSV links for GW2TP and GW2 Spidy respectively. You can import into Excel using the "Connections" wizard. (Add a connection, then browse for a file, and paste in the URL; it will paste the data into a tab and update it. The data will be given a name, which you can access via INDEX or VLOOKUP.)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I am the creator of gw2tp.com.

Our scraper wasn't getting new items because the gw2 api was returning HTTP 400 when it was enumerating the items in this recipe.

https://api.guildwars2.com/v1/recipe_details.json?recipe_id=12602https://api.guildwars2.com/v1/item_details.json?item_id=86488

It has now been fixed to ignore recipes that exhibit this problem.

As you can tell though I have not been checking up on the website very often as my interest in the game has waned due to the direction it has been going, as well as not getting the attention I felt the site deserved. It was running just fine for the past 2 years without any updates as well.

But a comment on the website would have been enough to let me know to fix it.

@"Gewd.8125" said:Hi I am the creator of gw2tp.com.

Our scraper wasn't getting new items because the gw2 api was returning HTTP 400 when it was enumerating the items in this recipe.

https://api.guildwars2.com/v1/recipe_details.json?recipe_id=12602https://api.guildwars2.com/v1/item_details.json?item_id=86488

It has now been fixed to ignore recipes that exhibit this problem.

Awesome. Thanks for this.

As you can tell though I have not been checking up on the website very often as my interest in the game has waned due to the direction it has been going, as well as not getting the attention I felt the site deserved. It was running just fine for the past 2 years without any updates as well.

But a comment on the website would have been enough to let me know to fix it.

I didn't see any way to add a comment (probably because I have Disqus disabled by default; I don't usually notice if a site uses it), otherwise I would have started there. Since the last previous update was in 2015, I figured the site was running on autopilot and ran into an unexpected change to the API.

• 1 month later...

Found this on importing JSON into Excel.

I don't have Excel 2016, but noticed that instead of getting data from a file, it listed getting it from a web page.Give it the api address and data and you get your things.Should get you a fair way towards your goal

Also found this on Microsoft's site.

How to import the JSON data that comes from REST API into Excel 2013?

Hope that helps

Archived