My Verdict

Loboling.5293

So, I've had some time to play pvp on different builds. Get a chance to see how the classes feel.

First of all: The meta is still not great... A lot of broken mechanics, but I do think it's better than before. I only find Firebrand to still reign supreme. Otherwise, I think a lot more comps will open up, compared to last season.Secondly: Everyone is presently noobing around, and it's hard to see where the chips will fall.

Outside of buffing firebrand (especially since it needed some small nerfs), I think this was a decent patch. But I still don't like the game's overall direction. At this rate, it feels like the old calculated feel to pvp will never return.

My verdict on the patch: 6/10 Delivers more diversity to a bad meta. And game design is the issue sadly.

I think what they try to do is to maximally close the gap between good players and bad players, so the difference is miniscule. What i mean by that , its almost impossible to fight 2 averagish , bad players solo , cause any monkey can just spam 1-5 and deal damage , if you have 2 of those , you most likely gona lose unless you outplay them by an insane margin. What i feel it is , they are going from skill based system , dodges cooldown management and so on , into healing , barrier and basically your skill doesnt matter that much as long as you press your stuff on cooldown and dont eat full bursts in the face. Good examples is mesmer with axe , scourge and deadeye. When i played them for the first time i could already do 300k+ dmg per match , which in my opinion is just stupid , didnt read skills didnt know what does what , just spam 5-1 , switch weapons and do same thing , use skills on cooldown and sht just dies ... This just shows how dumbed down game has become

Archived